BankFodder BankFodder

rocky2005

Need Your advice - What to do

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4844 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

about 3 years ago I had a account with NatWest I lost my job and cancelled all my direct debits but for some reason one of them still attempted to collect and failed which put a £25 charge on my account, few months down the line NatWest sent me a letter saying I’m £150 in debt has they charged me every month for being over drawn plus interest, I never checked my statements has I didn’t think the account had any activity. I closed the account and they continued charging me with the account closed I have settled the debt in full which reached £350. They placed a default on my credit file which I can’t remember them sending me a notification of default.

I need that default removed as it’s the only item on my credit report that’s bad

What step shall I take now I have read the forum which suggest several different ways of getting the default removed but I though I would share my story so someone could advice me the best path

NatWest - £443 & Default Removal - Settled :D

Nationwide - £620 - Sent Prelim

Littlewoods - £??? & Default - Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

I'm not sure Rocky - count this as a bump. I know you can claim the lot back though.

Guest NATTIE

Rocky-I think the first step is to tackle to unlawful charges and the default at the same time, which means settlement is on the basis of charges back as well as the default removed as well.