BankFodder BankFodder

livelyred

Nationwide and charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4839 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi well im a newbe here and would like some help really.I have been with the nationwide bank for 6 years and yes like you others have many bank charges manly from direct debits,can i still claim these charges bck ? Also where in tis website can i find the letters to copy to send to my bank ? And also how long does this procudure take to try and get your money bck.Many Thanks Livelyred:lol:

Guest NATTIE

yes, bank templates library, each bank is different. Welcome to the CAG and your first point of reference is the FAQ's, once you have done that then have a look at the successes bit of the forum and then when you are confident then start a thread in the Nationwide forum and you will get all the help that you will need. Good Luck

Hi Livelyred.

First, forget about the letter templates, you're not ready for them yet.

Your first task is to spend some time, a week perhaps, reading the FAQs and the step by step guide which you will find in the library section. That will answer most of your initial questions. Don't try to run until you have learned to walk. There is an absolute shed-load of information on this site. The letters are designed to be used with our well-tried and tested procedures. Never try to test the depth of the water with BOTH feet, because it's deeper than you think. If you follow, faithfully the procedures we suggest, you WILL get your charges back.

Realise, that you are about to sue, in a court of law, a major financial institution with unlimited finances and a room full of corporate lawyers at their disposal. Make a mistake and they'll have you for breakfast.

You can claim charges back for up to six years. A few more weeks won't hurt you.

You can send the Data Protection Act SARs letter along with the £10 fee to get your account details, then use the time while you are waiting for them to do your reading.

Click on this link for the DPA SARs letter....

When you receive them, transfer all the penalty charges on to a spreadsheet (templates library) Then send a copy with the preliminary letter.

It can take weeks or months, depending mainly on the bank.

Start your own thread in the Nationwide Bank Forum and post any questions and progress reports there. then we can tailor any advice to be relevant to your claim.

Please don't jeopardise your claim through impatience.

Good luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi Rooster

This is the first thread that I have read after joining the site yesterday. Thank you for clear advice. I am trying to help my son claim his charges, which I think will be quite a sum.

As he has a savings and a credit card account, should he complete each claim in turn or send the paperwork together for the two accounts.

This site has really inspired me and I am certain that with your help we can be successful.

Chrisrdg:)