curry's nightmare

Bonnieboxer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:x my sister is actually in curry's as we speak, her tumble dryer is just under 12 months old, and is now broke, she called curry's who sent an engineer out, to fix the problem as soon as he left it was exactly the same, (she has also been messed around over times and engineer not turning up). She rang curry' to inform them the problem had not been fixed and was told they would send another engineer in the new year. She decided this wasnt good enough and has taken the dryer back to curry's quoting the sale of goods act, the person in curry's has said you can quote what you like you will nbot get another dryer from us. She has given them the opportunity to repair it, to no avail. Where does she go from here (she is still in the store):x

Give 14 days notice to either give new drier or refund after that go through small claims court. Also give trading standards a call - they may kick the store up the ass. Send the letter (requesting refund/replacement) to head office (recorded delivery) and they may slap the store into action.

• Haha 1

Thank you for that. They get you so worked up especially when you know your rights and they wont move, when they will only be proved they are in the wrong and have to refun or replace anyway, they could cut out alot of wasted time and frustation, by sticking to the law.

Hopefully this matter will be resolved soon.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to ask how your sister got on?

I've just had an engineer out from currys to fix my dryer for the 4th time I've had new parts added on the 1st and 3rd call outs.

My dryer will be 12 months old on the 31st of this month, todays engineer had a look, made a phone call then came to tell me that I'll get a call within 48 hours to be told when my new dryer will be delviered.

I never asked for a new one because I didnt think that I would get one.

what luck is that :lol: