BankFodder BankFodder

airbag

Can they terminate my mortgage?!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4898 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just thinking about pursuing a couple of late payment fees applied to my account by Northern Rock.

It's only £60 but I'd still like to write to them about it and get it back if poss.

But my concern is that they will turn round and call in my mortgage and then I will be stuck, esp if I can't get another one (am self employed.)

Is it worth it ? or not worth the risk of getting their backs up?

They can not call in a mortgage without a court order and then only on specified grounds. So you can pursue the charges, although you may want to exercise caution if you may need them to be sympahetic in the future.

Thanks zootscoot. Not sure whether it's worth chasing then.

May just do the initial refund request letter and see what happens..

Thinking about this, from my experience with N.Rock so far, I very much doubt they would be sympathetic in future anyway, should I ever need that.

They wouldn't budge an inch with the charges when spoken to on phone, not even for 'first offence'.

So I may as well go ahead pursue the charges eh..

Just as long as they can't turn around and close my account like the banks do.