You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

chajid

Is incorrect registration ticket valid?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4416 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have read threads that say if a registration number is incorrect, even by only one letter, then do not pay as it is void. What if the Penalty Charge Notice says that a photo was taken? I am unsure whether the photo, if actually taken, reveals the true registration. Even if it does, is the ticket still void? I am unsure where I stand legally? I feel that if I contact the Council they will say I need to pay even if legally I do not. If anyone has been in the same situation then any advice gratefully received. Thanks. Happy forthcoming New Year :)

If the ticket has the wrong registration on it just ignore it. The chances are you will never here another word.

If they do try and enforce it they would be laughed out of the ajudicators room.

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

The same thing happened to my son about 1 year ago and he never heard a thing.

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

If you think about it, how could you hear anything more?

If they have the wrong registration number, they will not be able to obtain the correct name/address from DVLA. Hopefully, the poor sod who does get the letter from the incorrect registration number will be able to prove that he was not liable either.

If the PCN has the wrong VRM, then the ticket is void.

Doesn't matter if he has photos showing the correct VRM as the ticket is printed up with a differet one, and that doesn't apply to your vehicle. Same as if the colour on the PCN was white, and your car was black...it's void.

hi all, interesting threads, does this mean that if a notice has been issued with the reg XXO2XXX instead of XX02XXX it would be invalid? comparing the 0's and O's on the ticket it is clearly a typo, but wonder what you guys throught as it may be seen as a grey area!

Thanks in advance

No-one seems to have replied to the last query above, of which I have a similar case.

My reg is AO05 xxx and have recently had a ticket made out to either AOO5 xxx or A005 xxx (it's a bit difficult to tell).

Is this valid?

Should I write to contest the ticket? Or say nothing?

Can they come back at me with the slip rule? This really does seem like a very minor error.

Your help is appreciated!!

Does the o or 0 look any different on your number plate? The answer is probably no since the characters used on plates for the letter O and a zero are the same so technically the ticket is correct. Whether when they input the info on the PC link to the DVLA they notice is another thing. I guess it depends on how lucky you are feeling whether you pay or sit tight and lose the discount.

Chances are when they get the details from the DVLA the person doing the search will know that the format for plates is xx 05 xxx and will enter that accordingly, I know the DVLA are not the sharpest knives in the drawer but I doubt they would run a search on the format xx o5 xxx.

You can always hope though

Mossycat

PS I am not an expert on technicalities but I would be surprised if you got away with that one

I have read threads that say if a registration number is incorrect, even by only one letter, then do not pay as it is void. What if the Penalty Charge Notice says that a photo was taken? I am unsure whether the photo, if actually taken, reveals the true registration. Even if it does, is the ticket still void? I am unsure where I stand legally? I feel that if I contact the Council they will say I need to pay even if legally I do not. If anyone has been in the same situation then any advice gratefully received. Thanks. Happy forthcoming New Year :)

can I direct you here matey there seems to be a lot of info for onstreet decrimed parking etc Traffic Offences - Penalty Charges Forum

appologies to all if it is covered here, havnt read all posts.

good work all

Similar question...although the ticket I received was from a CPS (COMBINED PARKING SOLUTIONS). The VRM etc was hand written, and the VRM looks like CF where in fact mine is LF ! The fact that I had gone in to get a parking permit which my daughter had waiting for me makes me feel like I should ignore the ticket. Can they have to bites of the cherry re DVLA....ie first check on CF , then go down the lines of poor hand writting...and check LF ?

Thanks

They have to pay DVLA for the info so its hardly likely that they will keep plugging away until they match the correct VRM to the car. All that said and done even if they do there is very little chance of the ticket getting you anything more than a few threatening letters its unlikely to go to Court very few PPCs bother.

Half of the info on that forum is wrong or misleading, stick with this one its much better! :wink:

OK cleaver clogs, which bits are miss leading, state why and back up your arguments.

By the way its young and not long running but its had a few tickets cancelled, just rtead the post , most notably madmum who also posted here , you commented but i didnt see you give any decent advice as to how she should do it.

She did it following thier advice, Ive read it , so should you.!!

sorry mods, im not downing this site at all.

OK cleaver clogs, which bits are miss leading, state why and back up your arguments.

Here Are Some Of The Codes That Should Appear On Your P.c.n.

If They Do Not Correspond To The Offence You Are Accused Of

You Then Have Grounds For Appeal.

Contravention codes are meaningless its the description of the contravention thats relevant.

Leaves on the line

Another defence which can be successfully used if you receive a ticket for parking on double yellow lines. If the lines are obscured by either leaves, snow, road works or even wear and tear then parking restrictions cannot be enforced.

The law states that, to be enforceable yellow lines must be continuous, so if they are even partly obscured then you have grounds for appeal. You must, however provide evidence so photos of the obscured lines should suffice. (not digital photos)

Please note the area where the lines are obscured or faded must be where you parked and not 100 yards away.

Total rubbish, leaves etc on a yellow line do not make it unenforceable unless almost the whole line is obscured then its down to the adjudicator. Road works are the same if there is a hole for example where the road is being dug up this does not make the line unenforceable as long as its repaired afterwards.

Here Are Some Of The Codes That Should Appear On Your P.c.n.

If They Do Not Correspond To The Offence You Are Accused Of

You Then Have Grounds For Appeal.

Contravention codes are meaningless its the description of the contravention thats relevant.

Leaves on the line

Another defence which can be successfully used if you receive a ticket for parking on double yellow lines. If the lines are obscured by either leaves, snow, road works or even wear and tear then parking restrictions cannot be enforced.

The law states that, to be enforceable yellow lines must be continuous, so if they are even partly obscured then you have grounds for appeal. You must, however provide evidence so photos of the obscured lines should suffice. (not digital photos)

Please note the area where the lines are obscured or faded must be where you parked and not 100 yards away.

Total rubbish, leaves etc on a yellow line do not make it unenforceable unless almost the whole line is obscured then its down to the adjudicator. Road works are the same if there is a hole for example where the road is being dug up this does not make the line unenforceable as long as its repaired afterwards.

Right,

if there are leaves on the lines, or snow or if the line is obscured then it is a defence. If you cant see them, they are not enforceable

Make sure you get photos to back up your statement.

Contravention codes have a meaning.

If you were parked in a dissabled bay and the code says yellow lines

then contravention did not occur.

Try it and find out.

Also the location must be correct, the ticket is invalid if you parked in Portsmouth and the ticket says Picadilly Circus. More so now that we have a two tier system and cctv is in operation.

These details must be correct.

Right,

if there are leaves on the lines, or snow or if the line is obscured then it is a defence. If you cant see them, they are not enforceable

Try it and find out.

Also the location must be correct, the ticket is invalid if you parked in Portsmouth and the ticket says Picadilly Circus. More so now that we have a two tier system and cctv is in operation.

And the reason the location must be correct

The traffic order may be different. !!!!

Right,

Try it and find out.

Don't know why you are going on about location?

Contravention codes are MEANINGLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! how many times do I have to tell you this?? It is the contravention description that is relevant. It can say 01 Parked in a disabled bay and you would NOT get off because the code is usually 40.

A yellow line with leaves on will not get you off....you try it and see! :grin:

Obviously if there is six inches of snow you should not get a ticket but the original post says even a few leaves on a yellow line makes in unenforceable which is total bull****.

Don't know why you are going on about location?

Contravention codes are MEANINGLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! how many times do I have to tell you this?? It is the contravention description that is relevant. It can say 01 Parked in a disabled bay and you would NOT get off because the code is usually 40.

A yellow line with leaves on will not get you off....you try it and see! :grin:

Obviously if there is six inches of snow you should not get a ticket but the original post says even a few leaves on a yellow line makes in unenforceable which is total bull****.

If contravention codes are meaningless then why do they exist, why do they appear on the ticket.

Gathering of evidence is important, these tickets are penal in nature so they must be right and so must the evidence including contravention codes

im not arguing that a couple of leaves will obscure a line, what im saying ,if there is half a tone there covering 100 yards and you get a ticket, take a photo, secure your evidence and you will cancell the ticket.

]

location another part of detail, you slated the other site for this im saying otherwise

The law states that, to be enforceable yellow lines must be continuous, so if they are even partly obscured then you have grounds for appeal. :rolleyes:

The law states that, to be enforceable yellow lines must be continuous, so if they are even partly obscured then you have grounds for appeal. :rolleyes:

the whole post

Leaves on the line

this IS a deffence and is GOOD advice, if youve had a ticket and find the above then appeal, itn IS a defence.

F### ME G&M why are you slating this.

Come on green im just getting going for more debate.

I'm not disputing it can be used as mitigation, however leaves on a yellow line does not make it unenforceable which is what is claimed.

I'm not disputing it can be used as mitigation, however leaves on a yellow line does not make it unenforceable which is what is claimed.

must pick you up matey

mitigating circumstances, court proceedures, FPN

PCN decriminalised, appealent,appeals process, totally different.

and leaves on the line if they are obscured ARE unenforcable, if they are obscured then you CANNOT SEE THEM take photos and send your appeal.

My son received a ticket from a company called CPS .Although he is the shown keeper of the vehicle he was not the driver at the time the vehicle was parked.The driver was in fact getting the relivant parking permit at the time the ticket was issued.

My question is...my son will send back the template letter shown relating to the fact he was not the driver.......What should be his responce should and if they right back asking for the drivers details :confused:

Thanks