BankFodder BankFodder

millymollymoo

Capital One.. ***I WON***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4763 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Milly, well done and congratulations, am so pleased for you - seeing another good result gives the rest of us hope, please stay around the cap one forum as I know I will need help, LBA gone and I'm counting down the days.:D

Thanks Lizzy:D

I will write a letter to Cap one and will remind them that as soon as the cheque is cleared I will withdraw the claim, cos you cannot trust them. That might hurry the cheque up s they say up to 14 days. I think not!!!

Lizzy keep posting as I want to know everything that they do, however I think you will get a payout sooner than you think:D They will not carry this on I am sure.

One we get the cheque through I will send a donation as my gratitude to CAG.

Milly X

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Milly, well done and congratulations, am so pleased for you - seeing another good result gives the rest of us hope, please stay around the cap one forum as I know I will need help, LBA gone and I'm counting down the days.:D

Thanks doo. I will continue to follow your thread. I am sure you will get a payout soon.:D

milly x

WELL DONE MILLY... AND CONGRATULATIONS

TOLD YOU YOU WOULD GET PAID OUT.

DS

Congrats Milly a job well done,

Here what I sent to court re Barclays 1st claim.

Your address

The Court Manager

Address

22nd November 2006

Re: Case Number *******

The Court Manager,

With reference to my above claim, I have agreed a settlement with the defendant Barclays Bank for this claim, which I have accepted. They have now re-credited the unlawful penalty charges, plus interest, plus court costs, back into my bank account, so I would like to end my claim against them and I now consider this case closed.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Court for its assistance in relation to this matter.

Yours thankfully,

HTH

Hi Milly :)

Well done you...have been following your thread with interest, no pun intended :rolleyes:

Just at the preliminary request stage with this mob for a card my hubby had few years back, and can't quite decide whether to go for the standard 8% or chase contractual, charges only total £354...

Can I ask when you sent your prelim letter, what did you add in re the contractual? Did you explain you were charging them this or did you just let the spreadsheet speak for itself??

I'd appreciate any advice,

X

Tippety toeing where angels fear to tread .... :o

Hey and I thought of that all by my lonesome :cool:

1st Data Protection Act letter Halifax - 30th Sept 2006

Non compliance letter sent 23rd November 2006 :mad:

Preliminary request for repayment sent 11th Dec 06

Reply from the Halifax stating that they're investigating my concerns!!!.... Rec 15th Dec 06

LBA sent 30th December 2006 :mad:

Offer from Halifax of £814.00 - 5th January 2007

Rejection of Settlement Offer - 6th January 2007 ;)

Papers filed at Court - 29th January 2007

:) Settled in Full, 16th March, 2007

Congrats Milly a job well done,

Here what I sent to court re Barclays 1st claim.

Your address

The Court Manager

Address

22nd November 2006

Re: Case Number *******

The Court Manager,

With reference to my above claim, I have agreed a settlement with the defendant Barclays Bank for this claim, which I have accepted. They have now re-credited the unlawful penalty charges, plus interest, plus court costs, back into my bank account, so I would like to end my claim against them and I now consider this case closed.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Court for its assistance in relation to this matter.

Yours thankfully,

HTH

Thanks Tanz for offering this as have not done one before.:D

Milly XX

Hi Milly :)

Well done you...have been following your thread with interest, no pun intended :rolleyes:

Just at the preliminary request stage with this mob for a card my hubby had few years back, and can't quite decide whether to go for the standard 8% or chase contractual, charges only total £354...

Can I ask when you sent your prelim letter, what did you add in re the contractual? Did you explain you were charging them this or did you just let the spreadsheet speak for itself??

I'd appreciate any advice,

X

Hi roadrunner, its entirely up to you what rate you go for and how quick you want your money. Also you have to be prepared with the contractual to fight. My O/H did not have to, however this is not the same for everyone.

If you are claiming contractual it has to be done from the start and mentioned in your prelim, LBA etc . You have to wait till your deadllines given before moving on to the next stage .I.E 14 days between each letter, obviously if you get an offer you can either accept, reject and take part payment.

I added this to my prelim and LBA.

I calculate that you have applied £xxx.xx {your charges total} in late payment penalty charges, I also claim contractual interest of £xx,xx {your interest calculated from spready}at a rate of xx.x% as set out in the attached list of charges. I believe this rate to be justified under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity, and is based on your Purchase rate/Cash Advance [one or the other}interest rate that would be applied under the terms of the above mentioned account. Therefore the total amount owed as of today’s date is £xxx.xx.

bits in red are notes for you!

I have to honestly advise this as this, you HAVE to have a extremely good argument for contractual and to be prepared to fight. Just remember each claim is individual and may not be as easy as it seems.

Also remember you cannot add 8% stat interest in your prelim or LBA this is only once your claim is filed at court because they HAVE NOT offered the FULL charges. Here, if they offer the full charges you have to accept as they are not obliged to give you anything more.

Two different scenarios, my ad vice is have a real good read up across the forum as to going for contractual interest. Seriously, do not just jump in without seeing it through to a court hearing if you have to.

If you do understand the implications then accept my apologies:)

Good luck with your claim anyway:D

Milly X

WELL DONE MILLY... AND CONGRATULATIONS

TOLD YOU YOU WOULD GET PAID OUT.

DS

Thanks DS:D Yes you did and thankyou for your help with this. My O/H and I are over the moon, really had worked out a strong argument though if it had come to it, oh well will save it for the next one:D

Thanks again DS!

Milly XX

Will do Milly :)

Cheers

X

Tippety toeing where angels fear to tread .... :o

Hey and I thought of that all by my lonesome :cool:

1st Data Protection Act letter Halifax - 30th Sept 2006

Non compliance letter sent 23rd November 2006 :mad:

Preliminary request for repayment sent 11th Dec 06

Reply from the Halifax stating that they're investigating my concerns!!!.... Rec 15th Dec 06

LBA sent 30th December 2006 :mad:

Offer from Halifax of £814.00 - 5th January 2007

Rejection of Settlement Offer - 6th January 2007 ;)

Papers filed at Court - 29th January 2007

:) Settled in Full, 16th March, 2007

Will do Milly :)

Cheers

X

Roadrunner I have answered your PM:)

Milly X

I was just going to ask this question till i saw this thread. I should've known this site covers every situation.

hi milly, have posted a question of my thread, just in case you are feeling redundant can you help. I used spready 13 for my claim in vamps chambers which is not there now, have managed to locate it but cannot get it to work, will not copy, view only, any ideas.

Hi doo,

Bill is the expert at things like this. I am not sure what has gone wrong.:confused:

Milly XXX

Thanks anyway Milly, you are right Bill is the expert but doesn't seem to be online at the moment, Tanz is trying to e-mail me one, if I have no joy I'll pm Bill.

I am worried about bill actually. He is so lovely and has had abit of a bad time lately:(

I agree, just wish this whole mess would be put to bed and we can all get on and do what we came here for and fight the banks.

Hi Milly

Congratulations, I am in the final stages with ltsb and am getting the bug. I have a cap one card with charges but have omly been charged £12 for missed / late payments. I have read this is the guideline charge for credit cards. Can I claim this back or is it the correct amount to be charged.

Regards

Labasblue

Hi Milly

Congratulations, I am in the final stages with ltsb and am getting the bug. I have a cap one card with charges but have omly been charged £12 for missed / late payments. I have read this is the guideline charge for credit cards. Can I claim this back or is it the correct amount to be charged.

Regards

Labasblue

Answer is yes you can, just cause they think the OFT's rate means they can charge this, does not make the anymore unlawful than if they were £24.

Go for it.

Hi Milly

Regards

Labasblue

Soz, I wasn't ignoring you:) Tanz has answered:)

milly

Thanks Tanzarelli

Off we go again:)

Labasblue

yes off you go then.........

Milly

Just posting as my name is the last post on all the first page of cap one now. just wanted to see that. lol

Ha Ha you busy person you!!!!:D

Milly XXX