• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Capital One.. ***I WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Milly

As I have said previously I claimed simple interest, which was the rate they charged on each statement against the amount of days for each charge, it did add up to shed loads but obviously not as much as contractual. So not sure how you did your sums as some people are calling it conmtractual when it is not. The defence purely said that they sere settling on a GOGW basis in full and that they did not believe that their charges were unlawful. Sadly, they did not defend so we are all none the wiser. For me though I was delighted that both mine and hubbys claims have been paid out in full. You must not worry so much!

DS

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ds thanks and Im sorry for asking you to repeat yourself I believe yours was not compouned.

I am wondering now about my O/H's as I used vamps no 13 and it is called the simple version (though is compounded contractual). This spready you add the penalty charge, date an it simply works out the the date applied to the current date. You do not put a balance in and it does not work out any thing extra like extra interest . However, it does state compounded contractual. Other peeps have used the advanced version and this does give more.

Anyway its done and we are waiting for acknowledgement, they have till 8 feb. Im sure they will!!!!

Thanks again

Milly X :)

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Ok ...been busy today. Incase you don't know cos I talked about it on my other thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/45909-millymollymoo-goldfish-post525181.html#post525181

I noticed acouple of typo boboo's in my O/H's POC, so on advice of others and also cos I was filing goldfish. I took th POC to the court clerk, who spoke to the judge who was in the office by chance;) . She asked if Cap One had acknowledged and my O/H said not yet. She said then as they had not he could amend his POC without a fee of £35:D. The court manager then told O/H to mark the changes in red biro and that the amended copies would be sent today extending the deadline by another 14 days.Which is fine as it only really extends by aweek till the 17th Feb!!

So all in all a good day. Thing is wonder why Cap one have not acknowledged anyway as from what I have read they are normally pretty quick.

Now just the wait.............

Milly X:)

They must be really busy. Probably can't cope. Not long now Milly. Nearly there.

Like your avatar by the way.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks UK:)

I reckon you're right theres is loads on here. It would be nice for my O/H if they didn't acknowledge;) Oh well we have blown that now as the amended POC's will alert them now...:rolleyes:

Hi Millie

I do not think you will have to wait too long now! I feel certain that they will settle your claim very soon. Anyway it was good of the Judge to let you amend your forms, so luck was on your side.

DS

And you won't do tonight either. You're still here. Go to bed. Start again tomorrow.

Night

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Okay the new notice of issues actual deadline because of amended poc is 19th Feb.

A wendy starr has acknowledged the original notice of issue and intends to defend in full!!!!!.However this should run with the new ones deadline, which gives them an extension:( .

It says from deemed served which on the new one (like confusing you!) is 5th feb they have 28 days to file a defence, so that gives then till 6th March.

Need a bit of help as to what is normal now.

Milly X

And you won't do tonight either. You're still here. Go to bed. Start again tomorrow.

Night

Uk

I did take your avice, however still couldn't sleep!!!!!

Help though appreciated when it comes:D

Milly X

P.S Will be putting up one hell of a fight however!!! Have my fairness and balance marathon reday and waiting !!!

Hi Milly

Unless Capital One have changed their stance , they normally put in a defence, I received by letter advising full payment a few days after the defence arrived. The defence did say however that they had paid in full. So wait for the paperwork to arrive I hope for your sake it will be any day now.

Regards * best wishes

DS

Hi DS :)

Just to recap Wendy Starr acknowledged the first POC's in time, however if I am correct as we issued new POC's this being deemed served 5th Feb, this supercedes the original ones doesnt it...so she has to acknowledge these doesnt she and if she doesnt what would happen? Would we win by default? She has till monday ;)

We are hoping she is concentrating on the the others and forgets, though doubt we will be that lucky:rolleyes:

Milly XX

DS am I right though in my thoughts as they have been re-deemed served it states that they have to acknowledge bt tomoz.???

I have no worries with this claim as MR UDY was late with his offers, two in total same amount and tiny. I believe he is snowed under, but was surprised he didnt offer full charges at the least. He has showed that he is VERY unreasonable here me thinks to the court:D

Milly X

Hi Milly

If they have to acknowledge by tomoz I am sure that they will, it will be their Solicitors and then they will state that they are putting in a defence.

Just about the time of the Defence you will get a letter offering full settlement. Forget about Mr Uddy, he is now out of the picture, if he exists at all. I am sure it is just a name they use on their letters. Because you will notice all the letters are standard templates they actualy never answer your letter in detail, someone must just push the button.

Hang in there, you really do not have long to wait.

Regards

DSx

Hope so...though I reckon they will try the full cgarge + stat offer. In this case FULL REJECTION and press for disclosure of charges,;) its up to them. my claims intact. Nothing to lose here me thinks.:D Am a bit worried about the Goldfish claim I have though albeit their were grossly unfair conditions with that one.

Milly X