Capital One.. ***I WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi sent off S.A.R for O/H 13th December .

Received a template letter today from Mr Udy...

'Thank you for writing to us about the fees we've added to your account.

It's going to take us alittle while to look into your situation and come back with a detailed response. We'll do everything we can to get an answer to you within four weeks of this letter.

If for some reason our investigations take longer than four weeks, we'll contact you to tell you why this is.

Thank you very much for being patient while we collect the information we need........'

What the heck is this? :x Is he serious. Collect what information??? :x He has been supplied the charges via spreadsheet and it is quite clear what is required??

Shall I ignore this letter and send a LBA? or should I send an LBA and add something concerning his letter?:confused:

Any help with what I should input extra in the LBA to address this would be very much appreciated:)

By the way Happy New Year:)

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard response, aimed at slowing you down or hijacking your timetable.

Ignore it and stick to your own timetable.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Sometimes I think Mr Udy just gets a little confused and signs a template when in doubt!!! Don't worry about him he probably needs "extra strong coffee" after the Christmas Break? :confused:

Just stick to your own timetable and don't let Mr Udy put you off - the poor man can't help it if he doesn't know what he is doing can he? :D:D

Have some time reading on here and you'll see how these people stall and send silly letters to put people off - they try their best? :lol::lol:

Good Luck - post if you get stuck - there's always someone to help here!!

Thanks rooster and elizabeth. I love this CAG forum. You are all such lovely people:)

I wish you A Happy Enriched New Year.

P.S I think I will address the start of the LBA simply as Dear Mr Udy, Thank you for your letter dated 28th December ignore everything he has wrote!!! then ...However blah blah rest of LBA.:lol: :lol: :lol: He will be so annoyed ha ha.

Milly - I can't help but be so synical about some of these "Bankers" :lol: :lol:

Maybe DS is right our friend Mr Udy is just a cover?? Templates all the same I reckons!! Seems we all get the same "bog standard replies" no matter what we say to them - now doesn't that make all us individual customers feel special that we all get the same letters from the banks regardless of our individuality?? A sure case of poor customer relations isn't it?

But then my own thoughts are that this is how all these Banks are in this mess now!!! They'd spent so many years putting all of us into the same catagories regardless of lifes twists and turns for us!!! If we hit a rough spot it meant that THEY were in control of our finances and they found so much room to take the P' out of us all with these awful charges etc.. and we were helpless to fight back?

BUT that was then!!! Isn't it marvellous how "what goes around - comes around" as my Grandma always taught me have faith "every dog has his day" and this bitch sure plans to bite back!! As I am going to get back every penny of their ill gotten gains from my accounts!! I am going to have a wonderful time fighting these people back!!!

Have a Happy New Year Everyone!!! I am sure 2007 will be brighter for many of us!! :lol:

Could'nt agree more - Elizabeth you hit it right on the nail.

Happy New Year All and good luck with all your claims although I am sure we won't need luck. Just stick to your guns and the timetable and I am sure we will all get back every penny of what those banks have taken from us over the years and how it does add up.

Regards

DS

• 2 weeks later...

Milly,

keep going with your timetable it will soon be time to file your claim :D

You may get the partial offer thing with an explanation that they refunded the difference between 20 and 12 pounds thing - but if you get that just write and tell them you will accept it as part payment and file your claim anyway!!

They'll try it on with you!! The replies people get are all pretty standard replies from Cap1 - so don't worry!!

(Don't they make us feel special?:confused: Customer care at it's best?)

Hi elizabeth:)

No letters forthcoming at present!

Yes not long now. He will file on Tuesday:D Not sure whether to claim on a N1 or borrow Ukaviators POC (I have asked!) for MCOL and not botherin with daily interest and letter costs.

Millyx:)

Milly - it depends on what you want to write in your Particulars of Claim - the N1 has more room to write text etc.. than the MCOL version (there is something on here somewhere that you can use to write in your PoC).

If you do the N1 you can file at your local court rather than the central court where MCOL goes to - just depends what you want to write and where you'd rather file claim. Odds are it doesn't matter which you use as chances are they'd have paid out before the AQ stage anyway?

If you've used the spread sheets here for your charges schedule - you'll find the spread sheet is "live" so if you go back into it you'll see the interest figure automatically changes and increases as days go on?? (I am sure you saved your schedule of charges? just go back into it and you'll see the interest figures have changed? - just print it out again and enclose this with the N1 !! :D )

Hi elizabeth:)

After alot of help from also sarahpp and you as well! I have decided to do the N1 route. So next tuesday me and O/H will be down our local CC:D

Thanks for your help with this:)

Milly x:)

Good Luck Milly, the quicker you do it the quicker you will be paid. Mine got paid just in the nick of time before I could go for Judgement. So from the time the claim is deemed to be served you should if all goes to plan receive payment 26/7 days later.

Good Luck Milly, the quicker you do it the quicker you will be paid. Mine got paid just in the nick of time before I could go for Judgement. So from the time the claim is deemed to be served you should if all goes to plan receive payment 26/7 days later.

WooHooo!!! cannot wait for that day:D :D :D

One thing though that is botherin me slightly is two charges, as they are a few months outside my prelim claim date, one being June and the other September 00 and my prelim was sent in December 06. I am wondering whether to take these off for the N1. Limitaions act and all that (nothings been said as CRap 1 have not replied to the LBA and the Prelim was a 'we need 4 weeks to investigate.....blah:confused:

Milly X:)

Milly

It is really up to you, you could take them off, or when they come to settle your claim they may either just pay you in full or negotiate deducting them with your approval.

Regards and all the best

DS

Ello DS:)

Thats ood ...I will carry on as I have then and see what happens;) maybe they won't notice hey;) However, if they do it is not much to lose considering the rest :D

Good luck with your claims and please keep dropping in as I appreciate your help and advice.

MillyX:)