Little Lil V Hsbc

doo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

May need some help to start off with, am helping my daughter claim back her charges and am not familiar with HSBC. I have just successfully claimed back 5,500 from Halifax. First step is the right address to send off SAR, any help much appreciated.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you can get them on-line if you have on-line banking - can get statements going back six years - or others have said just going in and asking nicely, they will get them for you. personally, i wrote my branch asking for the info and got them in batches (big batches) within about 2 weeks - wrote to the guy who sent them to say thank you and received another lot of six years worth - postie must have hated me.

i, too, was doing it for my child (the 24 yr old with questionable money skills). this is the place to ask for any hsbc related issues - i now take great pleasure in helping others get there - for your reference - mine was 4 months, first letter to money in bank. good luck, moms united!!!!!!!!

Help needed in regard to this bank account, my daughter has not really used the account much lately since leaving the army, has been working in a bar and paid cash weekly. She has been £40 overdrawn and checked her account a couple of weeks ago as she wanted to pay the overdraft off and her card got swallowed. She has now started a new job and her wages are paid weekly into her account, so overdraft is paid off and it left her with over £100 in account, today she went to bank with cheque book, photo identity and 2 letters with addresses on, she was told she was only allowed to draw out £10. She got very upset as she needed money for the week for petrol etc and some bills but they have flatly refused to give her any more saying she will have to use her cheque book to pay bills. Any help greatly appreciated.

This sounds slightly draconian. What reason did they give? or when and under what circumstances they would allow normal access?

Has you daughter got another bank a/c that wages could be paid into?

If she hasn't see here:

Do you need a parachute account?

although obviously this will take time to set up.

In the meantime, any friends/relatives who would cash a cheque for her?

Sorry I cant be of more help.

• Haha 1

Thanks Michael, you are always a good bet for info. Apparently they are not going to give her a new debit card until they see 3 months of wages paid into account. I'm not really sure of the absolute reason they gave, I think they took her by surprise and when you don't know your rights it can be very off-putting, bank staff can be quite self-righteous when they want to be. She has obviously hit the usual problems with her account like all of us asking for our charges back but nothing more. She can write me a cheque and I'll put it through my account if I need to, it's just the principle.

just to update - daughter went into bank this morning with new cheque-book that she received this morning and ID. Went to counter and asked for balance and then wrote cheque to 'cash' and withdrew all but £2 of her funds in the account. No explanation was given by bank staff and no ID was required either, I

just to update - daughter went into bank this morning with new cheque-book that she received this morning and ID. Went to counter and asked for balance and then wrote cheque to 'cash' and withdrew all but £2 of her funds in the account. No explanation was given by bank staff and no ID was required either, I had rung their customer relations this morning

hit reply button by mistake -

I had rung customer relations this morning and they were most unhelpful - anyway bottom line is she is going to open a new account elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter has just received first letter from HSBC in reply to SAR all seems very standard and they have sent the £10 cheque back. Just have to twiddle thumbs now till statements get here, does anyone know how long they usually take after receiving reply re: SAR request.

Hi, ive noticed you have been having problems with HSBC. From checking online statements, i found out they charged me £25 for being roughly £40 over limit for a period over a month. Just to add to that, i thought i would check my statement today and found out that at the beginning of February, they are going to charge me a further £64 plus interest. Its unbelievable - i have been with them for over 3 years and i have majorally reduced my overdraft in that time. Do they not understand customer loyalty. I am just beginning to reclaim my money back.

Well am not familiar with HSBC as this claim is for my daughter's bank account (have finished my claim with halifax) but used the address given on page 1 to send off SAR. Honestly this bank is quite awful, because my daughters card was swallowed and her account has not been in use for the last year they have refused her a new card till they see 3 months worth of wages go in. She went into town to draw money out of saturday only to be told the counters do not open, so she had literally 6p in her pocket and they said there was nothing they could do, come back monday, she pointed out she works monday to friday but they really didn't want to know, she is now opening an account with nat west. How far have you got with your claim, as you can see we are awaiting statements.