BankFodder BankFodder

bertoneski

Bertoneski vs Halifax

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4832 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

Just started on the great bank charges claimback. I issued a templated letter (downloaded from Money Expert) claiming £1,500 from the Halifax.

Have had a standard "get lost" letter from my local branch and fired off the "Notice before Action" letter also downloaded from Money Expert.

I am also persuing two other banks; one for 5 years worth of charges and another for the full six. (Enclosed the £10 cheque and the adapted letter templates).

I have persued a landlord for a deposit to be return and came to a relatively good outcome so am familiar with moneyclaim online. Have that slightly sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach mixed with righteous indignation.

Here goes nothing!

Bertoneski

Here goes nothing? Thought you said it was £1,500 ? :lol:

Just follow the info on this site and you shouldn't go wrong, it's just a waiting game really.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I have been writing to my local branch and I have recieved a letter from them - effectively saying that they would pass the matter on to their Head Quarters.

My "letter before action" was sent to my local branch and expires monday.

Since the local branch has relinquished responsibility should I wait to hear a response from HQ or press on regardless with the Money Claim Online and make my claim on monday?

I would advise to just keep to your timetable, the local branch are obviously sending to correct department.

All my letters came from the leeds address, had sent them prelim letter, lba and response to settlement letter, I did ring them on 22 December (was due to file MCOL on 24th) and managed to get my charges back (all but £30). I received their acceptance form on 23rd and got my money this week. So might be worth a phone call - or you may want to press ahead with court action to get your interest, either way you will get your money.

I am about to fill in my Money Claim Online claim to recover my charges - I have had a look around the forum but can't find a template for wording the claim against the bank. (Presumably citing Consumer Contracts Regulations)

If there is a template can someone pop up the link to it please.

Thanks...