• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Symes V lloyds

lsba02853
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings all.

I'm a new member here so have decided to say hi and keep you updated on my progess.

I first cottoned onto the idea of reclaiming bank charges whilst reading:

BBC NEWS | Business | Are penalty charges bank robbery?

I used the standard letter available:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/12_12_06_bank_14day.pdf

and sent it off on 18th December.

Obviously i've now found you fine folks and will use the templates available from this site.

At this moment I've written Lloyds 2 sperate letter for my 2 seperate accounts.

Acc 1 has been hit with £1821 worth of charges since Feb 2002.

Acc 2 has been hit with £1847 worth of charges since Feb 2002.

My next letter, due to be sent the middle of next week will be this one:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

I still plan to continue with the 2 seperate claims (I've started so i'll finish type of mentality), but i have a quick question:

I've used the S/Sheet that calculates charges at 8% since day of offence, is that the correct one to send with the Letter before Action?

Thanks.

Hi and welcome!

If you are wanting to claim 8% statutory interest then you don't include the amount in any of your letters at the moment. This interest is added to the claim when you file it at court.

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lucid, thanks for the reply.

I'm a little confused now, the LBA states, and I quote:

"I calculate that you have taken £xxx plus £xxx which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken"

What does the 2nd figure refer to if not the statuory interest?

Hi Isba.

If, during any month that you incurred charges, you were in an overdraft situation (authorised or not), you will have been charged interest. Part of that interest will refer to the charges incurred. This is reclaimable.

However, it can be difficult to extrapolate the element that refers to the charges from the total overdraft interest. Often, it is a relatively small amount and many claimants do not bother with it.

On the other hand, if your ‘overdraft’ consisted entirely of unlawful charges, then all the interest would be reclaimable and might be a significant amount. This can happen when an account is ‘dormant’ and racking up only charges.

So it all depends on the activity and balances on the account, which only you can measure.

Good luck with your claims and A Happy New Year

Elsinore

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm perfectly happy with the interest charges, as i was using my authorised OD and fully expect to have to pay interest on that.

I presume I just simply remove the Interest portion from the letter and send at the right moment.

Yep:)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

My LBA goes off to Lloyds on Thursday, so i thought it was about time to get my court pack/bundle together.

I've already downloaded the basic one from this site (Thanks), and am getting hold of the Peter McNamara sound file. Do I need to add anything else to it besides summary of charges, statements and the interest spreadsheet?

Thanks

**Edit**

I only have the printouts from Online banking, will that suffice or do i need to produce originals?

You don't need the court bundle yet. Thats much further down the line. After you've filed the claim Lloyds will then defend it, you'll get an AQ from the court to fill in and return, then sometime after that the court will order you to submit your evidance. Only then will you need the court bundle.

Your next stage is to file your claim. For this you'll need the N1 form, particulars of claim (both in the templates library) and your schedule.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thanks for the reply Gary.

I was initially going to use the online system but after reading here i've decided to use my local court. Once my LBA is rebuffed, or even ignored as my first letter has been, I'll file and then advise of the case details.

Well, it's been exactly 14 days and no word at all from Lloyds.

Confirmed online that my letters were delivered so my LBA's are now Printed and signed. They'll be going recorded delivery first thing tomorrow....BRINT IT ON.

Now i wouldn't feel half as confident saying that had I not read all the wonderful information on this site, so I'm sure this will be the first of many, but THANK YOU.

Got the standard reply from Lloyds today about the charges being a service etc etc. Even though i was paying the £10 a month "Fee" for being a gold account holder this obviously wansn't enough.

At the bottom again it had the standard "If you're not happy speak to be banking ombudsman" blah blah blah.

Another step closer to court now. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit of advice please.

Time is up for Lloyds after sending my LBA, 26th was the deadline.

I've received part settlement from Lloyds (£750 on one account & £375 on the other) but i haven't yet started the MCOL process, mainly due to lack of funds.

I'm going to send the rejection of settlement letter, but was wondering will this affect how I complete the MCOL details?

No, complete it exactly the same, just reduce the claim amount by what you've already received, obviously.

I accept it may seem obvious, but i was just a little concerned that as I'm highlighting every single item they won't tally up.

Do I highlight somewhere that i've received part settlement?

Thanks for your time

Delete the sums paid from the most recent charges, this will probably mean for it to balance, that you will be claiming for part of a charge.

I would show the charges that represent the payments made on the schedule, so that Lloyds and the court can see that you have accounted for these payments so that they are not deducted again.

As you are using MCOL you cannot attach the schedules, therefore send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. and a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim On Line

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally getting back to this.

Now, the money that lloyds have offered in part settlement. Where do I stand if i take it out of lloyds and put it in another account with another bank then send the letter to say i'll only accept in part settlement.

Does anyone think that would affect my ongoing claim?

• 2 months later...

hi, iv recieved a letter from lloyds sayin they will not pay me the charges for unpaid d/d, goin over agreed overdraft, returned cheques etc, help what do i do know,,,

hi, iv recieved a letter from lloyds sayin they will not pay me the charges for unpaid d/d, goin over agreed overdraft, returned cheques etc, help what do i do know,,,

First ..... you need to start your own thread that way everyone can follow your claim and offer the correct advice, whilst not hyjacking someone elses thread.

If the above was the response to your 'Preliminary request for payment' then you now need to send LBA.

XxXxX

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D