Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I'm really not clear as to what you want to do here. You clearly have a way of gaining some compensation if you want. If you'd rather just get it shut down then as you say the best thing to do is to send them your mother's death certificate – but as they are completely wrong about everything, it seems – and also on the dates you have given anyway, they are breaching the backbilling code, you can hit back if you want. You have just said that it is the principle of it all. If that is really what it is then that might be sufficient basis for striking out at them. I don't think there's much else to be discussed on this thread
    • Well done on having paid by high purchase. People who pay by cash or who pay by bank transfer are not in such a fortunate position. In terms of buying a second-hand car 100 miles away – big fail. As you have said, it is the hire purchase company which is liable. It is their vehicle. What exactly have you told them in respect of the consumer rights act? Have you asserted your rights and made it clear that you will be relying on your six-month right to reject if they fail in a single repair? What's the name of the hire purchase company? You say that the dealer is acting responsibly – but maybe you could tell me who they are as well
    • BW haven't agreed to anything in writing or by phone. Just got a letter saying your (dead mother) credit rating may be affected we may send collectors etc.   When I called them they just said send in a copy of her death certificate with a covering letter.  I assume this will be the end of it all and never hear from them again.    I sent a letter and copy of death certificate to all parties (Eon, BW and PRAC) and sent a copy of each company's letter to each other as well.    Yes I know that they can't chase me for my dead mother's alleged debt. It's just the principal of it all.    Surely these companies have systems in place to know the customer is dead after 18 months ? 
    • Refund was in March/April 2020.   The first I became aware of this was the 4th December 2021 via letter to my address.   BW wants to offer a 70% reduction to about £26ish. They are not chasing me personally. They are chasing my dead mother.    I'm not paying towards their Christmas party drinks bill.   
    • Hi Looking for some advice to get prepared for the worst.   I purchased a 2015 car on HP in July for ~£33k. I took it to the main dealer for its annual service on the 25th November. As I went back waiting for the last bits to be done, I was called to the workshop to be shown one of the spark plug wells half full  of coolant.   After an afternoon of inspection and an overnight pressure test, it was diagnosed as a crack in the water jacket. It is small, hence not noticing it by low coolant levels or other routine maintenance, and it’s the first service in the schedule where the plugs would be changed.    I immediately contacted the finance company and said I am Informing them of the fault under my consumer credit rights and I will be in touch once I know more. I shortly thereafter got the report from the dealer and forwarded it to the finance company.   They finally got back to me last Thursday (response speed not being their strong suite once agreement signed..).   Initially they tried to say they are talking with the dealer and I said as far as I know my contract is with them, and it’s got a crack in a lump of aluminium and the only fix is a new head- so it’s just who does the bill get sent to.   The issue is obvious. They tried to say that the dealer is jointly liable to me?   Anyway I went ok whatever intending to contact the dealer myself if that’s the case, however they then phoned me back saying they spoke to their manager and they need to have the car “inspected”, again I argued this as they already had a report from a dealer from a prestige brands main dealer - it’s akin to dropping an egg on the floor and then insisting it goes through 5 experts to diagnose why the yoke is all over the place..but they said they “can’t take my word on it” and need their engineer.   I said I insist on being there during the inspection which they said was ok. They said they will contact me later that day or Friday to book the inspection. They didn’t. They did give me the name of the company as Scotia Inspections. So off I go to Google and no medals for guessing how I got here..   So anyway, I don’t want to be given the run around, nor just pay it all myself -   the repair is nearly £8.5k - especially considering the time of year…   Any advice on how I can get ahead of the (what I am sure is the start of) stalling tactics, blaming it on the offside rear tyre not being from rubber from jungles roamed by unicorns or something.   I want the car repaired- as it is brilliant otherwise.   So far the dealer has been very accommodating but they are a business- where do I stand if they start wanting to charge storage fees or similar?   It is not at the dealer I purchased it from as they are 100miles away.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Letter -without Prejudice???


Claire wilson
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

claire - i know you are a bit stressed over this - it's hard to keep up as your stuff is in so many different places. when you were acknowledged and we told you to send dg your breakdown - did you do that?

if you did, then tues a.m. call dg and ask if they received your breakdown.....then drop into the conversation that you will be having to file your aq shortly - you were hoping to avoid the extra costs - both for yourself and for them .... just see what they say. if you get an offer before the 7th (your aq deadline?) you could write the court (or even phone) and ask for a delay on filing the aq as you have received an offer.

so, i'm thinking, if you sent the breakdown - call on tues, ask.....etc. and it could stir things along to an offer before the aq is due.

if nothing before the aq - is there any way you can get it from a relative, friend, somebody as you really need to file it if you haven't gotten an offer. the without prejudice is a legal thing that means it can't be used in court, nothing to do with getting an offer, really.

are you ok with all this - you are soooo close!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...