BankFodder BankFodder

jordy

Hello Everyone & How do I stop them ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4901 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya everybody out there taking these scheming & profit-conscious bankers on !

I'm managing OK - with the sites help - with taking on my bank regarding refund of last 6 years charges etc ( on various accounts ) BUT .. I note .. in the meantime, my Bank continues to apply the very same sort of punitive charges. In short, I will always be ' playing catch-up ' at this rate with re-claiming these charges !

Is there any way of getting my bank to cease applying these charges to begin with and given the basis of all our refund applications is that they are punitive & illegal anyway ? Obviously I am trying my best to avoid situations where they are able to apply the charges by better monitoring & management of my accounts. However, as a busy self-employed person this is not always easy to do and given I have 6 accounts to keep track of at any given time.

Any advice in this arena would be most appreciated.

Other than this .. rock on the site, all of you ' Samsons ' out there taking on the greedy ' Goliaths ' ( remember the bigger they come ... etc ) and a special thanks to Martyn Lewis - Financial Guru - who led me to this site, has saved me about £ 1000 pounds in other ways in less than one year and who galvanised me to fight my corner against the greed-oriented banks.

May we all ' win ' and the banks have their obscene Yearly Profits shaved !!

Hiya everybody out there taking these scheming & profit-conscious bankers on !

I'm managing OK - with the sites help - with taking on my bank regarding refund of last 6 years charges etc ( on various accounts ) BUT .. I note .. in the meantime, my Bank continues to apply the very same sort of punitive charges. In short, I will always be ' playing catch-up ' at this rate with re-claiming these charges !

Is there any way of getting my bank to cease applying these charges to begin with and given the basis of all our refund applications is that they are punitive & illegal anyway ? Obviously I am trying my best to avoid situations where they are able to apply the charges by better monitoring & management of my accounts. However, as a busy self-employed person this is not always easy to do and given I have 6 accounts to keep track of at any given time.

Any advice in this arena would be most appreciated.

Other than this .. rock on the site, all of you ' Samsons ' out there taking on the greedy ' Goliaths ' ( remember the bigger they come ... etc ) and a special thanks to Martyn Lewis - Financial Guru - who led me to this site, has saved me about £ 1000 pounds in other ways in less than one year and who galvanised me to fight my corner against the greed-oriented banks.

May we all ' win ' and the banks have their obscene Yearly Profits shaved !!

Yes to all of that and no there is no way that we can stop them applying these unfair charges in the first place - not yet anyway!! But I am sure as more and more people are taking on these vast financial institutions then they will eventually get the message and some major changes will need to be made in the mean time - "Rock on brother and lets fight the good fight"

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

As already said all you can do is ask the charges back and then follow the process again if they won't refund. I think you also need to do some more reading around to make sure you understand whats going on, these charges are not illegal as some sites will tell you but are unlawful.

If you are claiming back then please start threads in the relevant bank/cc forums to keep track of your progress to help you and to help others too :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^