Ready to Rumble!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I found this great site after doing a search. I had heard that there was a way to claim some money back from the greedy banks and i wanted to know how i could benefit!

After spending a few weeks reading up and i am now ready to begin the process of reclaiming what off the top of my head i think will be £1k +.

I will keep you all informed with what is happening!:cool:

I am nervous but am confident ;-)

Cheers

Simon

Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Posted 25/01/2007 ;-)

Hi and welcome to the site,

:p

You've definately taken the first step into claiming back what's rightfully yours.

Spend time reading the FAQ's and the Step by Step guide as this will stop you making mistakes along the way. Use the letters and spreadsheets in the Templates Library as these have all been tried and tested in successful claims. Read as many threads as you can especially ones that relate to your bank. This is a SELF HELP site and won’t do the work involved for you. However, everything you need is on here somewhere.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how stupid they may seem, but please remember that any advice that you receive is normally based on experience only and that you should seek expert advice if required.

All the best in your claim!! :wink:

Useful links to help with your claim

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Letter Templates

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Interest Spreadsheet

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Court N1 form

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Mcol Particulars of Claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

• Haha 1

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hello once again ;)

I origanially tried to begin my claim back in december, I then decided to wait as i had a busy period ahead and could not give it 100%.

I am ready to do it now :D I have written my SAR, using the excellent templates section.

I am going to send it recorded delivery to the Trinity road address registered on the IC site.

I have a couple of questions about the payment, I am going to send a PO made out to Halifax PLC. Should i have it crossed or not? Does it make any difference? Silly questions i know lol :confused:

Thanks

Simon

Hello

Just an update to this thread.

I sent off the S.A.R on the 25th of Jan.

Let the fun begin lol

Cheers

Si

• 1 month later...

Hello all

Another update!

Received my statements on the 3rd of March

Having worked out how much they owe me i am astounded :o

£4226 :o:shock::eek:

Looking forward to getting it back though :cool:

Prelim is being sent tomorrow!

Cheers

Si

Best of luck sibry, now the fun begins.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Today i received a letter from Halifax dated 16th March 2007.

I has arrived almost 10 days after i sent my PreLim.

Below is the main part of the letters contents.

"Thank you for your recent complaint.

We are sorry to learn that you are unhappy with the charges debited to your bank account. Please note the complaint handling rules set by our regulator, the Financial Services Authority, gives us 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints.

Our Commitment to you is that we will respond to your concerns at the earliest possible opportunity. However, we want to ensure the issues you raised are thoroughly investigated. If, for any reason we are unable to respond fully to your concerns within the next 4 weeks we will write to update you of our progress."

How do i handle this? Do i still send the LBA next Thursday and stick to my timetable or do i now have to give them there "8 weeks"?:-|

Cheers

Si

I read them a while ago, and having just posted the above question i read them again. Thanks anyway

Thanks for the reply

I had read it all a while ago and forgot lol

Rookie mistake :D

Can anyone help, in my letters i send, where it says (£xxx amount in overdraft intrest), do i put my overdraft charges of 28.00 pound or my debit intrest that has been taken each month?.

This will be the debit interest charged on your account.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the 14 days has passed since i sent my LBA and although i got a standard letter after they received my PRELIM i have had nothing from them this time.

The trouble is i cant afford to take it to the next stage as i have been unemployed for 4 months now and am totally skint. I have got a job though :p which starts next wednesday.

As it stands i cant afford the court fees :mad:

Would a call to them give them the kick up the backside they need, or because its for such a big amount (£4226!!!) will they take it the whole way?:-|

Thanks for the link :)

"you receive Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance;"

I am on JSA i am not sure whether its Income based or not though. If it is and i fill the claim in before i start working on wednesday would i still be ok? :-|

Thanks for the advice, even if i cant do it using the job seekers part i think i will be able to afford it within a couple of weeks.

Would giving them a ring on tuesday to check to see if they got my lba help them to realise i am serious about the court claim?

Ok the 14days on the LBA was up last Friday. Today (Thursday) i have received a letter saying

"We're still investigating your complaint, and you will receive a response from us as soon as possible, but certainly no later than 10th May 2007"

The good news is i have started my new job. Although i wont be able to afford to pay for the court claim fee for about 2/3 weeks.:(

Should i give them until the 10th of May to see what they do or would that be just wishing for a miracle??

As soon as you have the money, claim!

Unless they contact you before.... ;)

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

As soon as you have the money, claim!

Unless they contact you before.... ;)

Thanks for the reply:)

Thats optimistic lol Just seen an advertisement in the local jobs paper HBOS are recruiting people to deal with the bank charges. A sign that they might be a tad busy :rolleyes: