unlawfull debits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my girlfriend uses lloydstsb as a holding bank for her Halifax loan repayment basically pays £235 in and £231 comes out as a Direct Debit, thats all the account is used for as she banks her salary with HBOS. however she fell behind by one month on her credit card with lloydstb and they took a payment from her account to cover her min payment with them selves, this has happened twice , one in august one in december and as a result her loan payment has failed to come out on 4 attempts 2 trys in october 2 trys in DEC as she does not uses the account she never checked her statements until halifax rang and wernt amused. can lloydstsb do this "legally" or do they have to contact the customer?

STEVE

Hi Blakey.

If the "holding" account and the credit card account are both at Lloyds, yes they can do this, annoying as it is.

Both accounts are in the same name and address so there is financial connection between the two. The only way to avoid the possibility of this happening is not to have two accounts at the same bank.

I had it happen to me, some years ago where they took money from my son's account to cover a shortfall in mine. As the surname and address were the same, they assumed financial connection between the two.

When I threatened to call in the branch with a press photgrapher and a police officer to investigate this unauthorised withdrawal from my son's account, they soon put it back.

Sorry I can't give you any more favourable advice.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....