The Capitulator v HSBC

The Capitulator

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Have spent a couple of weeks reading threads and learning through a friends CAG thread.

Now ready to start with first of 4 actions.:D Bring em on.

Today its HSBC My partner closed her account in Feb 2003 but reackons there was a couple of thou charges in previous 2 years from the time of her divorce to when the property could be sold and bank paid off.

Well here go's

29th Dec 2006 SAR sent. Took it to local branch as we needed acc no, offered £10 they refused to take it and stated "there will be no charge"

Any tips and help greatly received.

LSTB (business) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) received 10th Dec prelim + Contractual interest claim sent 10th Jan07 £5k + change

Received partial reduction mount of £5,563 against loan & overdraft of £18k i.e. 30% reduction. Next step PPI's & managed loans. Jan 07

LSTB (Girlfriend) prelim sent 10th Jan07 1st account £670

Received partial refund into account of £457 9th Feb, sent rejection letter. donated 5% 10th Feb

LSTB (Girlfriend) prelim sent 10th Jan 07 £1,450

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 27th DEC (approx £3000)

welcome to the forum,

best tip anyone will give you - is read the faqs and step by steps - then read them again. Newcomer? Here's A User Guide get thoroughly familiar with the process. always be looking at least one step ahead (so, now be getting familiar with the prelim letter so when you get the statements you are ready to move).

if you have specific questions - ask away....that's what we are doing here. most of the hsbc specific info is in the threads just at the start of the hsbc forum. be thinking (and reading up) now as to whether you will include overdraft interest and whether you are doing the bog standard 8% rate for the interest when you get to the claim stage or you want to do contractual as some are doing - read threads that talk about those things - there is a search above. good luck and watch for mr. postie - mine came in about 3 very large batches (one envelope per monthly statement) and took about 2 weeks - but that's variable. everything you do, keep copies, use this thread as a diary of sorts to keep dates of what's gone on and anything you send - send it recorded delivery. that's about it. if you need help understanding the difference between the overdraft interest and the interest you are entitled to ask for on the whole of the claim, here's a link with some basic info: it's post number 9 on this thread: HONEYGIE sees you HSBC! (multipage.gif1

good luck - and remember - anyone who follows the advice given here and sticks with it through to the end has gotten their money returned. you will too.

Hi Lateralus

Thank you for the welcome and advice, actually you have hit it on the head as my 2 present concerns are to do with interest rates:-

1) If the taking of these unlawfull charges results in the account going over the agreed limits (overdraft or no overdraft) and therefore incur interest rates of say 25% then why should we not be claiming at the higher rate? it seems most threads I have read are claiming 8% at best and some no interest.

2) Although I consider myself competant at excel etc I just can not get my head round the spreadsheets on here so need to do some more work so thank you for the link to Honeygie.

If I may a couple of not directly linked observations (welcome advise from moderator as to where to post)

1) some members are posting letters on here with enough personal info to

bring a smile to anyone looking for personal data to use for identity theft.

i.e name, location, acc no, sort code. This info being www is available to anyone in the world.

Do you think an announcement from moderators to members to ensure personal info is shielded would be an idea?

2) We all know were right in this action and thats its only a matter of time before its all brought to a head -but why not attack on a new front? the SAR's are being returned in parcels sometimes in excess of 20 letters. This is not very green and it may be of interest to the press -a solution could be that on the SAR request the applicant could nominate the CAG as an e-mail host to receive data -this would save paper and postage cost and also cut down receipt time by 2 days being postage time?

Just a few thoughts - anyhow rental on soap box is due up now -look forward to working with you guys. -Carl

LSTB (business) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) received 10th Dec prelim + Contractual interest claim sent 10th Jan07 £5k + change

Received partial reduction mount of £5,563 against loan & overdraft of £18k i.e. 30% reduction. Next step PPI's & managed loans. Jan 07

LSTB (Girlfriend) prelim sent 10th Jan07 1st account £670

Received partial refund into account of £457 9th Feb, sent rejection letter. donated 5% 10th Feb

LSTB (Girlfriend) prelim sent 10th Jan 07 £1,450

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 27th DEC (approx £3000)

Hello Carl.

1) If the taking of these unlawfull charges results in the account going over the agreed limits (overdraft or no overdraft) and therefore incur interest rates of say 25% then why should we not be claiming at the higher rate? it seems most threads I have read are claiming 8% at best and some no interest.

You can claim contractual interest, please see

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18313-why-no-one-claiming.html?highlight=contractual

there have been quite a few wins with this.

2) Although I consider myself competant at excel etc I just can not get my head round the spreadsheets on here so need to do some more work so thank you for the link to Honeygie.

I am no expert on excel, but I managed it in the end. If you are having a lot of trouble you can have somebody else come in with you on the google ones, this can be quite helpful.

If I may a couple of not directly linked observations (welcome advise from moderator as to where to post)

1) some members are posting letters on here with enough personal info to

bring a smile to anyone looking for personal data to use for identity theft.

i.e name, location, acc no, sort code. This info being www is available to anyone in the world.

Do you think an announcement from moderators to members to ensure personal info is shielded would be an idea?

We delete personal info as soon as we see it

2) We all know were right in this action and thats its only a matter of time before its all brought to a head -but why not attack on a new front? the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s are being returned in parcels sometimes in excess of 20 letters. This is not very green and it may be of interest to the press -a solution could be that on the SAR request the applicant could nominate the CAG as an e-mail host to receive data -this would save paper and postage cost and also cut down receipt time by 2 days being postage time?

It is the banks that are not green. Why send 1000's of envelopes? A list of charges would suffice. I am not so sure about emailing them. It's them being awkward isn't it?

Nice to have you on board.

Crusher :-D

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!