Help Needed For A Worried Friend

donnaj1980
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine wanted to start the claiming back on her bank charges with HSBC, however HSBC would not issue her with 6 years worth of statements and instead of taking the advice on here and from me she sent HSBC a letter requested 6 years worth and they have stopped her overdraft and therefor her mortage payment has not been debited this month and christmas has been a nightmare.

Has this happened to anyone else? Can the banks stop the overdraft if regular money is coming in?

Please advise??

thanks x

Hi Donna.

I presume that this is an unauthorised overdraft. If this is the case, then yes, the bank can stop it at any time. If it is an authorised overdraft then there must have been something in the letter that they took exception to.

Was it a Data Protection Act SARs letter that she sent. Did she include the £10 fee.

It would be helpful to know exactly what she put in the letter. Did she keep a copy?

I'll try to get someone with a good working knowledge of how banks operate to have a look. Perhaps he might be able to shed some light.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

That is an odd one as I have never heard of a bank stopping an overdraft in response to a SAR. Was the account already run with lots of charges? Was the account with a collections team at HSBC? Have they even bothered to write and state why they were doing this? All a bit odd to me