• Tweets

• Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
    • thank you you mean you got a notice of discontinuance? dx  
    • Thanks for your interest dx100. Didn’t reach a hearing. Although they filed court papers, they withdrew a few days beforehand, and admitted it was statute barred and I have it in writing that they say the matter is now closed. Once again, many thanks for all your help.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Offer Received....but HELP!!!

r_bath
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, today I received an offer from HSBC (YAY!).......but I have a couple of problems I hope someone can help me with.......

1. I filed a Court Claim which they acknowledged on the 14th Dec, but they have replied to my LBA letter with an offer and therefore the offer is for a partial amount before interest etc was added, so do I need to reply saying the standard I accept partial payment but expect the rest etc?

2. In my charges I got charged £100 for an unpaid cheque and £10 for an unpaid item. The bank are now saying that they are not charges and that they will be deducted from my requested amount, is this right? I thought we could claim for unpaid cheque/item? Eeek!!

I could only find the template of refusing charges at the LBA stage, not after the Court stage, can anyone help and give me a template? And also let me know if I can claim the upaid cheque/item that they are refusing?

Thanks!! Nearly there!!!!

HSBC

S.A.R (Subject Access Request) sent 04/10/06

Acknowledgement Letter received 30/10/06

Pre Lim letter sent 07/11/06 (£328 it all counts :) )

LBA sent 23/11/06

Court Claim issued 08/12/06

HSBC Received 13/12/06

HSBC Acknowledged and intend to defend 14/12/06

HSBC Defence entered 08/01/07

Full Offer Received 20/01/07!!!!!

Hi

It just says on the statement: 24/06/02 DR UNPAID CHEQUE £100.00

So I'm not sure what it was for...?!?!

Also one other thing, £10 that I claimed for a stopped cheque they have said that I was told and agreed to the fee, which is right, so can I not claim for this? I don't mind letting it go, but worried they might think I'm a pushover though I think they're right on this score, ooops!!

HSBC

LBA sent 23/11/06

HSBC Received 13/12/06

Yes Rbath HSBC do do that and no they dont appear to break down their charges. My statement shows £100 overdraft charges (what per month -scary) so I know what you are referring too.

I dont think it matters that you agreed to the fee at the time because at the time you agreed you were not aware that the charges were unlawful - I used this very arguement when I went to court (I won by the way) for charges applied nearly 4 years ago, so they can stick that arguement cant they!!

Hope that makes sense for you let me know if you need any further help!

• Haha 1

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Guest ian cognito

Are you sure this debit for a cheque paid into your account which subsequently bounced? I had a similar entry on my statement this morning and was ready to phone them thinking it was a charge, then the cheque I had paid in came in the post having been declined by the payee branch.

I have no idea what the unpaid cheque means....whether it's a cheque I wrote that bounced or what, or whether the cheque was for £100 or that is the charge for it.....

I'm tempted to just cut my losses and accept but I know that I deserve my full amount!!

So I should say on my letter back to them that when I agreed to the charge I did not realise I was agreeing to an unlawful charge, therefore I am still claiming for it?

Oh gosh, this is going to make them mad isn't it!!!

Thanks guys!

HSBC

LBA sent 23/11/06

HSBC Received 13/12/06

Yes I would!

Honestly these banks and their cheekiness!!!!

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

Ha ha!! Then it is just a stalling tactic to not pay as much money? Here is my letter back, can anyone tell me what they think?

YOUR Street

Town

City

Postcode

Date

BANK NAME

Address

Address

Postcode

Re: Account number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Mr Langdale

Thank you for your letter dated 28/12/06.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £xxxx

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder.

With regard to the unpaid cheque and unpaid item of £110 these are unlawful charges to my account, as well as the £10 for stopping the cheque. I agreed to the £10 fee at the time but as I wasn't aware that the fee is unlawful my agreement is not an issue. I would not have agreed had I known these facts. Therefore I will still be seeking these charges back and the full amount of £XXX.

Your acknowledgement of my Court Claim indicates that you have until 12/01/07 to respond. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

[print name]

What do you think?!?! So do I send this off along with the letter and just cross out the 'full and final settlement' part? And also cross out the bit about my account being credited if I want a cheque??

I am quite scared now, I know they will make an example of me!!! Maybe I should just accept that they wont pay me the charges they stated and go for the amount less that?!?!

Help! :)

HSBC

LBA sent 23/11/06

HSBC Received 13/12/06

Guest ian cognito

If the £10 fee is for a cheque you have cancelled then it is a service, this is not an automated process therefore the £10 is not a penalty. Service fees cannot be claimed back.

In relation to the second amount of £100 for an unpaid cheque, I think you need to query this with the bank and ask them if it is an accumulation of fees or whether it is indeed just a returned cheque.

Reading through the forums, when the banks single out amounts from claims and dismiss them as not being charges, they are usually correct.

I think you need to be sure your claim is correct before progressing any further.

Thanks so much! I have checked with the bank and it is indeed a returned cheque that someone had paid into my account.

Sooo.......I have taken those off my schedule of charges, but do I have to start again? Or can I reply with the part payment letter and include the new schedule of charges, plus the £50 court fee, and say that I will claim that back? Like this:

YOUR Street

Town

City

Postcode

Date

BANK NAME

Address

Address

Postcode

Re: Account number XXXXXXXX

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Mr Langdale

Thank you for your letter dated 28/12/06.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder.

I will accept, however, that you remove the sum of £120 from my claim due to services rather than charges. Therefore I request the sum of £ (including 8% interest and £50 court fees) to be refunded to me. I have enclosed an updated schedule of charges to show these amendments.

Your acknowledgement of Court Action indicates that you have until 14/01/07. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

[signature]

[print name]

And then I send this letter, with the offer letter and a new schedule of charges?

What do you think?

HSBC

LBA sent 23/11/06

HSBC Received 13/12/06

Sounds fine to me.

Well done.

Let us know how you get on!

Allyxia

Ok, today I am sending off, by recorded delivery, 2 things:

1. A letter to HSBC refusing their settlement offer (yay!). I have said I will accept part payment, but I have a question....If I want them to send me a cheque do I just cross through the line that says "Please allow 7 working days from receipt by ourselves for your account to be credited"? And then they will send me a cheque? I crossed out the 'full and final' line and wrote 'partial' instead

2. Sending off a copy of the letter and a revised schedule of charges off to DG solicitors so they are up to date with the process, is this ok?

Thanks!! Nearly there I hope!!!

HSBC

LBA sent 23/11/06

HSBC Received 13/12/06

Sounds ok - but be warned I doubt if they will send you the cheque in part settlement - they probably say you have seven days to accept or they will withdraw the offer completely.

Dont panic this is standard practice and you will just have to proceed as normal.

Allyxia

Hi!

Just a quick update....i sent through the letter turning down the offer etc. Haven't heard anything on that score since.

Well, now I am a bit confused. I did the court thing and they acknowledged saying they will file a defence and they have until the 12th Jan to do this.......2 days away!!! Hopefully either and offer will come or nothing at all in the next couple of days, but what do I do? If they defend I'll go from there, but if they don't respond do I fill in the Request for Judgement?

Nearly there!!!

HSBC

LBA sent 23/11/06

HSBC Received 13/12/06

Well their time is up!!! Waited today and nothing has arrived from HSBC or DG Solicitors since I sent the revised schedule and rejection of offer letter. It doesn't matter that I had to revise the schedule des it? I still use the same timeframe?

Anyway, so I have the letter from the court, do I just fill in the Request for Judgement and file it? And that will go to DG Solicitors?

He he!! They are so rubbish!!!

HSBC

LBA sent 23/11/06

HSBC Received 13/12/06