Hollands Vs Abbey

wulfinuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've been reading a lot about claiming you bank charges back so thought Abeey have charged me a lot over the years and I want it back as it is so unfair.

Anyways, I sent of my S.A.R on 12th december and got a reply this morning. Want to know if this is what they normally send out.

Dear Miss Hollands

Thank you for your letter dated 12 December 2006, which we received on 15th december, requesting information on your bank account. I also acknowledge receipt of your £10 fee.

I confirm that arrangements have been made for the information you have requested to be sent to you. The transactional information remaining on our systems, normally covering the last 14 months, will be sent out in the form of individual duplicate statements. You should receive these within 5 to 7 working days of this letter. (They actually arrived at the same time as the letter, god knows what my postie must be thinking)

Any previous transactions have been archived onto microfiche and it is not possible to provide you with a computer print out of this information. However, we have made arrangements to send you a list of archived transactions between 2000 and 2005, under seperate cover.

If you have any questions please call us on the above number.

Yours Sincerely

So what do I do now? Do I still only give them the rest of the 40 days to get the further info out to me? That gives them until the 21st January. I have looked through the statements they have sent me and added up the charges on there so far which amount to over £600 in a 3 month period.

Any advice on what I do now would be most appreciated.

Wulfinuk

S.A.R SENT TO ABBEY 12/12/06

This is the standard letter that I also got. I got the list of transactions a few day's before the 40 day deadline. You just need to wait for them to arrive. Good luck.

13/11/06 - Request for statements made by phone

18/11/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent by recorded first class post

21/11/06 - 10 duplicate statements received

22/11/06 - Letter from Abbey requesting £10 and a request to complete their form

15/12/06 - Received statements for last 6 years

18/12/06 - PRELIM LETTER sent

03/01/07 - LBA LETTER sent

17/01/07 - GOGW received & accepted as part payment

19/01/07 - N1 posted to Court

28/01/07 - Claim deemed served

30/01/07 - Abbey filed an acknowledgement to defend

17/02/07 - Received defence and offer of 50%

Thanks for that. I'll wait and see what the post brings in the next few days. I showed my partner what Abbey charged us in 3 months (£681.13) and he couldn't believe it. I never show him the bank statements or let him know about money as he panics too easily if we have little money.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just a couple of quick questions. Which address to I send my preliminary letter to asking for a refund now that I have all my statments? and do I start off with requesting the interest back straight away from this first letter?

Thanx

wulfinuk