Green -v- Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, This is my first post, Ive been reading through here on and off for some time and on 20th Nov I sent of to the Halifax for copies of bank statements from when the account was first opened on 12th Mar 2003. I have now got them all up to date and have downloaded the spreadsheet. However not it gets confusing and I could do with some advice

The spreadsheet indicates to insert whether each item is in respect of Unpaid cheque charge; direct debit charge or cleared transaction. I know what the first two are but what is the third one. There is no indication on the bank statements as to which it is for, it just states " Charges as notified" ( The original letters were never kept)

The next column states Date Incurred, Is this the date indicated on the statement showing "Charges as notified?

The next column is Days since offonce. Do I have to calculate how many days it is and when does it go to? I suspect this is required to calculate the interest but do I also have to calculate this and insert it in end column

This may all be so easy for most of you but I was never one for doing this sort of work and would really appreciate some advice

This is a fantastic site and the results notified to you gives you the heart to carry on and become a winner, Thank you

Just put whatever the charge is described as in your statement. date incurred is the date the charge was actually debited

See guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it (for use later at court), then delete/hide the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as your schedule of charges.

I have been able to complete the spreadsheet and its in save so I can do any last minute alterations etc. I can see that you dont include the last two colomns showing days and 8% calculated when you submit your claim, so when do you claim this? If the Halifax stump up prior to court do THEY include the interest at8% or do I have to ask for that seperately. Also what about the £10 fee for obtaining the statements. I would like to know this before I sent off my letter on Tuesday next. Thank you in anticipation

I have been able to complete the spreadsheet and its in save so I can do any last minute alterations etc. I can see that you dont include the last two colomns showing days and 8% calculated when you submit your claim, so when do you claim this? If the Halifax stump up prior to court do THEY include the interest at8% or do I have to ask for that seperately. Also what about the £10 fee for obtaining the statements. I would like to know this before I sent off my letter on Tuesday next. Thank you in anticipation

In my experience Halifax don't generally stump up prior to the Small Claim being submitted to the Courts that is when the 8% interest is included, but they do generally stump up before a court hearing. We don't generally claim for the £10 fee only a court fee if a claim is made via the courts!

Hope that helps

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

I can see that you dont include the last two colomns showing days and 8% calculated when you submit your claim, so when do you claim this?

When you file at court

If the Halifax stump up prior to court do THEY include the interest at8% or do I have to ask for that seperately.

In that case, you can't claim the s69 8%

Also what about the £10 fee for obtaining the statements.

Again when you file at court

Many Thanks Boobaby and Michael Browne for your very quick replies. I'll keep reading up on this site and learn a bit every day, I'll get there in the end. Heres wishing everyone a very Happy AND PROSPEROUS New Year, ( that is everyone EXCEPT the banks)

Sent off my claim today, I know its only £883 but it my £883 and it will pay off a loan. I see on here a lot of you are opening new accounts just in case the Hellifax close the existing one after tyhey have paid out. Does not the bank where you apply for a new account ask any questions re why you had the other account closed. Also IF the halifax settle before you issue court proceedings can you still then claim the interest at 8% which you may have got if it had reached the court stage.

If another bank asks me I will tell them that the Halifax mis-managed my account, I don't have to give details.

IF the halifax settle before you issue court proceedings can you still then claim the interest at 8% which you may have got if it had reached the court stage.

The simple answer is NO.

Until issuing a court action you are only claiming back the charges, you can only claim the 8% if you file at court, so you've no right to that if you settled before filing the N1.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again all, Well 14 days were up on 17th Jan and I sent my Letter before action. Today is the last day for them to settle in full and I've just had an offer of £619 from a possible £883 which I wanted.

I read somewhere on here that if the offer is close to your final date then just carry on to the Court stage, dont even reply to the offer. Am I correct in this. If so which is the easier option, On line claim or over the Counter at the Courts office. I'm not great on the computor and I cant seem to be able to find the on line service, perhaps someone could give me a bit of advice please, Thank you.

ANOTHER WINNER(HOPEFULLY)

Before I went to take the Court action, I thought I would just call them out of interest to see what they would say and to tell them I would not be replying to their offer as it had arrived too late. Spoke to a very nice lady who upped the offer another £100. I refused this and told her it was going to cost Halifax a lot more in interest and costs and so she caved in and told me to alter the amount on the acceptance form and return it to her. So now I'm waiting to see if it appears in my account and when it does there will be a donation to your very excellent site, Thank you very much everybody

I should have highlighted the fact I won in my previous message.

Can I also claim for unlawful charges on a business account. I cant remember seeing anywhere on the site if there is any difference, Thanks again to all.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .