• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Boobaby vs GE Capital & DCA - Help please !!

Boobaby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looks fine, just a couple of touch ups in red! :)

Hi

I have compiled a pretty 'straight for the jugular' kind of letter and just wanted some advice on whether or not to send it or amend it or send something completely different etc..... I am also sending a letter to GE Capital telling them that they shouldn't have used BCW etc....

Honest responses please...

Thanks Boo

I have written to your Company on numerous occasions requesting that you supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement referred to above. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclosed a £1 Cheque in payment of the statutory fee and Data Protection Request. Cheque Number ***** which has been received and cashed.

I also requested a signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists. At which point you were notified that you were obliged to supply these documents, whether you were the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

Non-compliance with my request as I informed you is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

I did, in addition to the above request copies of statements of the account.

The only information I have received to date is a copy of a Statement from Capital Bank - From July 2001 to October 2002.

After carrying out checks on your organisation I am now in possession of information that leads me to believe that as you are not registered with the Information Commissioners Office register of data processors you do not hold a license and are therefore committing criminal offences. Under sections 17; 18; 19 and 20 anyone who obtains, holds and stores data about individuals must hold a license to do so.

You do not hold a license and are committing criminal offences under the Data Protection Act this carries a penalty fine of £5,000.

As there has still been no proof of this debt being incurred by myself I now require you to do the following:

1. Refund to myself all monies paid to your organisation including interest.
  2. Compensation for the unlawful processing of data and using illegally obtained information to unlawfully chase a debt.
  3. Confirmation from yourselves that I have no further obligations to your Organisation and that there is no debt outstanding.
  4. Arrange for the default and all other account information to be removed from my Credit File.

You have 14 days to comply with all of the above, failure to do so will result in a Criminal charge being brought against your organisation and a claim being submitted through the small claims court to include all of the above.

Yours faithfully

Boo

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have compiled a pretty 'straight for the jugular' kind of letter and just wanted some advice on whether or not to send it or amend it or send something completely different etc..... I am also sending a letter to GE Capital telling them that they shouldn't have used BCW etc....

Honest responses please...

Thanks Boo

I have written to your Company on numerous occasions requesting that you supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement referred to above. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclosed a £1 Cheque in payment of the statutory fee and Data Protection Request. Cheque Number ***** which has been received and cashed.

I also requested a signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists. At which point you were notified that you were obliged to supply these documents, whether you were the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

Non-compliance with my request as I informed you is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

I did, in addition to the above request copies of statements of the account.

The only information I have received to date is a copy of a Statement from Capital Bank - From July 2001 to October 2002.

After carrying out checks on your organisation I am now in possession of information that leads me to believe that as you are not registered with the Information Commissioners Office register of data processors you do not hold a license and are therefore committing criminal offences. Under sections 17; 18; 19 and 20 anyone who obtains, holds and stores data about individuals must hold a license to do so.

You do not hold a license and are committing criminal offences under the Data Protection Act this carries a penalty fine of £5,000.

As there has still been no proof of this debt being incurred by myself I now require you to do the following:

1. Refund to myself all monies paid to your organisation including interest.
  2. Compensation for the unlawful processing of data and using illegally obtained information to unlawfully chase a debt.
  3. Confirmation from yourselves that I have no further obligations to your Organisation and that there is no debt outstanding.
  4. Arrange for the default and all other account entries to be removed from my Credit Files with Equifax, Experian and CallCredit (where applicable).

You have 14 days to comply with all of the above, failure to do so will result in a Criminal charge being brought against your organisation and a claim being submitted through the small claims court to include all of the above.

Yours faithfully

Boo

Up to you whether you use them!! :)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Up to you whether you use them!! :)

Fantastic, just one quick query would they be the ones that I would ask to have the default removed or would that be GE Capital.

btw - Thanks :D

Boo x

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

One more thing with the letter, you have used the word "lead" you need to change it to "leads".

You need to ask the DCA, expecially if they have provided the deed of assignment, although they are licensed under the DPA so I would be inclined to send it to both....maybe send it to GE Capital and "CC" it to the DCA? You could put in the letter that you haven't sent it to the DCA because they aren't registered with a DPA license and you therefore can't guarantee the security of your data that is processed by them?

Hope that makes sense!

• Haha 1

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Find out who put the default there if it was GE CAp then they are the ones who have to remove it ....if it was BCW then they are in more trouble they are using someone else DP licence and should not have put it there in the first place.

sparkie1723

• Haha 1

One more thing with the letter, you have used the word "lead" you need to change it to "leads".

You need to ask the DCA, expecially if they have provided the deed of assignment, although they are licensed under the Data Protection Act so I would be inclined to send it to both....maybe send it to GE Capital and "CC" it to the DCA? You could put in the letter that you haven't sent it to the DCA because they aren't registered with a DPA license and you therefore can't guarantee the security of your data that is processed by them?

Hope that makes sense!

It does make sense and I'm on the case, will let you know.

Thanks once more

Boox

;) Boobaby

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

No probs - anytime! :)

PS Sorry it took so long

My charges claims:

Default removals:

if they get your letter first they could delete all the info and write back they dont hold any and only use the info given by thier client and that info is then 2Lost

Sparkie

don't they HAVE to save all info for a minimum of 6 years? then how can they delete it?

Plus I don't think these institutions would actually stoop as low as fraud!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Plus I don't think these institutions would actually stoop as low as fraud!!

God forbid!!:rolleyes:

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

I know they stoop low, but I doubt they wuold do that.

How's your letter doing? Did you send it?

PS, thanks for the rep!! :)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I they stoop low, but I doubt they wuold do that.

How's your letter doing? Did you send it?

PS, thanks for the rep!! :)

Both are being printed tonight - GE Capital & BCW, printer playing up last night, so I have bought new cartridge etc.. So they will be sent first class recorded tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help and hers's hoping!

My pleasure regarding the rep you deserved it!

bev (Boo) x

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Well good luck and keep us posted - I may have to contact you about ur monsters incs avatars!! ;)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Boo - I hope I have caught you before you get to the postbox.

You are quite right to "go for the jugular" as far as the non-production of the Credit Agreement is concerned. The bottom line is that they shouldn't have to go back to the original creditor if they have bought the debt because they should already be abiding by it's terms and conditions.

Also, you have a very valid issue regarding charges which have been added on by BCW. According to the OFT guidelines, additional charges have to be cited on the signed agreement (which of course, you haven't got). Even if they are they should be reasonable and proportional which does not seem to be the case.

I have looked on the ICO website though, and both BCW Group PLC (in Stratford) and BCW (Public Sector) Ltd in Glasgow are registered for debt administration and factoring so, I would be very wary about using that part of your letter.

I hope that helps you

Sarah

Boo - I hope I have caught you before you get to the postbox.

You are quite right to "go for the jugular" as far as the non-production of the Credit Agreement is concerned. The bottom line is that they shouldn't have to go back to the original creditor if they have bought the debt because they should already be abiding by it's terms and conditions.

Also, you have a very valid issue regarding charges which have been added on by BCW. According to the OFT guidelines, additional charges have to be cited on the signed agreement (which of course, you haven't got). Even if they are they should be reasonable and proportional which does not seem to be the case.

I have looked on the Information Commissioners Office website though, and both BCW Group PLC (in Stratford) and BCW (Public Sector) Ltd in Glasgow are registered for debt administration and factoring so, I would be very wary about using that part of your letter.

I hope that helps you

Sarah

Thanks Sarah

TBH I took your advice and have revisited the Information Commissioners Office website and have managed to come up with this I didn't manage to find this before!

Registration Number: ********

Date Registered: 27 June 2000 Registration Expires: 26 June 2007

Data Controller: BCW GROUP PLC

Address:

11 ELM COURT

ARDEN STREET

STRATFORD UPON AVON

WARWICKSHIRE

CV37 6PA

I will amend my letters and just now apply the bits regarding the non compliance etc....

Thanks again.

Boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

BCW Group PLC ....are not the same company as Buchanan Clark & Wells Ltd of 24 George Square Glasgow... they are completely seperate company with a completely different, set of directors they have a different registerd office at companies house ,and they are not registerd with the Information Commissioners Office and furthermore they are illegally using the data processors licence of another company AVANCE Ltd the Company they used to be.

Name & Registered Office:

BUCHANAN CLARK & WELLS LIMITED

24 GEORGE SQARE

GLASGOW

LANARKSHIRE

G2 1EG

Company No. SC223606

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active

Date of Incorporation: 24/09/2001

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7487 - Other business activities

*There are no entries that match your search criteria.*Registration NumberNameAddressPostcodeOrganisation sub-division

Registration Number: Z6481590

Date Registered: 01 March 2002 Registration Expires: 28 February 2007

Data Controller: AVANCE GROUP LIMITED

Address:

16 FARMELOAN ROAD

RUTHERGLEN

G73 1DL

Other Names:

BUCHANAN CLARK & WELLS

ONE80

This register is the one the Glasgow comany is using illegally

Sparkie1723

BCW Group PLC ....are not the same company as Buchanan Clark & Wells Ltd of 24 George Square Glasgow... they are completely seperate company with a completely different, set of directors they have a different registerd office at companies house ,and they are not registerd with the Information Commissioners Office and furthermore they are illegally using the data processors licence of another company AVANCE Ltd the Company they used to be.

Name & Registered Office:

BUCHANAN CLARK & WELLS LIMITED

24 GEORGE SQARE

GLASGOW

LANARKSHIRE

G2 1EG

Company No. SC223606

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active

Date of Incorporation: 24/09/2001

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7487 - Other business activities

*There are no entries that match your search criteria.*Registration NumberNameAddressPostcodeOrganisation sub-division

Registration Number: Z6481590

Date Registered: 01 March 2002 Registration Expires: 28 February 2007

Data Controller: AVANCE GROUP LIMITED

Address:

16 FARMELOAN ROAD

RUTHERGLEN

G73 1DL

Other Names:

BUCHANAN CLARK & WELLS

ONE80

This register is the one the Glasgow comany is using illegally

Sparkie1723

Hi sparkie

The address I have for this Company is the 11 Elm Court address which is the one registered as overleaf?

Bev

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Whoa Boo, I'm glad you got this sorted!

I didn't know you could check someone's DPA license details!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

As I said Bev that,s a completely different company.

They are not the Debt Collectors from glasgow

sparkie

Hi Spark

Lost me honey

The company I am dealing with are the 11 Elm Court, Stratford people and they are the ones I found a licence etc for...Is that not right?

Bev

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Hiya Bev I'll try and clear the misunderstanding up.

Each and every individual Ltd Company who has its own registered office address and processes data MUST have its own individual licence.

Therefore Buchanan Clark & Wells Ltd in Glasgow do not have a licence to process data......... fact.

To get the picture right, go to ICO web site go to the register search and punch in Black Horse Ltd ( its the easiest one I know) You will see that every different Black Horse Company has its own licence ....because IT has to.

Sparkie

Each and every individual Ltd Company who has its own registered office address and processes data MUST have its own individual licence.

Therefore Buchanan Clark & Wells Ltd in Glasgow do not have a licence to process data......... fact.

To get the picture right, go to Information Commissioners Office web site go to the register search and punch in Black Horse Ltd ( its the easiest one I know) You will see that every different Black Horse Company has its own licence ....because IT has to.

Sparkie

Sparkie

I'm still confused honey - Buchanan, Clark & Wells part of the BCW Group at 11 Elm Court are the people that I am dealing with and they have a licence as overleaf!

I have no dealings with the Glasgow address.

Bev

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Oh baby boo baby,

Thought we had something for you there sooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!

I try and find something else.

keep

You are such a sweetheart thanks for all the help really thought we were in with a chance there but never mind, try another tact now.

Night night sweetie and thanks

Bev x

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

To get the picture right, go to Information Commissioners Office web site go to the register search and punch in Black Horse Ltd ( its the easiest one I know) You will see that every different Black Horse Company has its own licence ....because IT has to.

Sparkie

Just to clarify here (and I know that Boo has already established that the office she is dealing with has a licence)

BCW (Public Sector) Ltd

24 George Street

Glasgow

Has a licence for debt administration and factoring under purpose 6.