O2 Contracts: The hidden cost

buzby

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From early next week, O2 will be offering mobile contracts that have a THREE YEAR (36 months!) initial service period. The supposedly 'good' news for users is the costs of handsets will be free in exchange for this major commitment. It is expected that some dealers will be inclined to gloss over the contract term (they get a whopping commission on 3-year sign-ups) and the user is effectively stuck with no opportunity to upgrade until 2010. If you're siging up to O2, be careful and read the contract sections and pay particular attention so you understand what the MINIMUM TERM will be.

Have always been with o2 and have never had any problems, till this month when I phoned up to get my usual pre christmas treat of a free upgrade to be kindly told, that as I had taken them up on there offer of an extra 250 free texts a month I am not entitled to upgrade till June...bah humbug..was no mention of this when the lovely lady on the phone made out that it was a loyalty thing from o2...yeah right loyalty in conning me into signing up to stay with them for 18 months...wasnt even like I have ever planned on changing :-x

*Won* Woolwich £5300

I blame the Spaniards, however you might like to get them to reconsider (assuming you want to stay with them) as could use this as a ploy that will be the reason you plan to leave the network.

When accepting the offer verbally, if they did not provide full disclosure of the term that meant you would delay your annual upgrade, then irrespective of what the CS staff say, you can get the to refer the matter for a higher decision.

However, if they tried that trick on me, I'd vote with my wallet and go elsewhere.