Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Thank you for your message.  I'm concerned that by complaining to the IPC, and escalating the situation, PCM would be even more inclined to cause problems for me and take action to the fullest extent just to make an example of me.  I can still take the above action as a backup plan if PCM decides to go ahead.
    • Mr BankFodder you are a top man.   I just received email below and finally they accepted fully refund   Good Afternoon,   Thank you for your recent email.   We are sorry to hear of your recent troubles, we would be happy to accept rejection of the vehicle.   The amount of the refund to yourself will be £7,099, this alongside settlement of the finance agreement will be paid in full and final settlement.    By accepting this refund you are confirming that no further claims shall be brought against Big Motoring World or any of its associates in respect of this matter.   In order to proceed with the refund we require the following from yourself:   - Your bank details (Account holders name – this must match the invoice name, sort code and account number)   The bank details can be provided via email.   The refund will be processed within 14 days.  
    • How do I transfer my number plate V750? Transfer by post Check the expiry date on your V750 or V778 to make sure it is still valid. Ensure that the registered keeper for the receiving vehicle matches the Grantee or Nominee name on the certificate. Complete relevant sections of your V750 or V778 document and sign it where instructed. https://www.gov.uk/personalised-vehicle-registration-numbers/renew-private-number-certificate  
    • i know...the anpr camera mustve triggered the computer to send out a parking charge as it probably detected no parking ticket paid. disgusting way of trying to extort money
    • Good to hear OldGAl well done topic title updated.   Andy
  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like

Local authority tenancy issue when downsizing

Recommended Posts


I am a local authority tenant and was in a 3 bed house.

At the end of last year, my last child moved out and so did my spouse as we are now going through a divorce which meant that I was in the house alone and decided that I needed to downsize not only for myself but to offer the property to a family that needed it.

I registered on the local authority housing bidding site as i was asked to do and I was accepted and given a priority banding as I was downsizing and they were desperate for my house.

I have been extremely lucky and after about 6 weeks was accepted for a new build from a housing association via the housing gateway.

I viewed the property 2 weeks ago and had to sign the tenancy last week when they were doing bulk signups for the houses and that is the day I moved.

In between viewing and sign up, I contacted my current local authority landlord and asked how I give notice as I had been accepted for a property I had bid on and was moving.  The lady told me how to do it online and then said that I needed to give a full weeks notice which wasnt a problem as I had enough time.  (I was also told a weeks notice was what i would need to give by another staff member about a month ago when I phoned up for another housing related question.  I dont have any of this in writing.)

I have now moved, handed back the keys and I am now being told that I need to give 4 weeks notice which I cannot afford.

I hav e spoken to the council again explaining that I was told a week and that to be honest, if I knew they were going to charge me 4 weeks I would not have been able to move and would have stayed in the other house.  I thought I was doing the right thing.

They said that calls are recorded and they asked me when I called in and was told a week and they would listen to the telephone conversation and if it was correct what I was told, they would see what they could do to reduce the notice period.

They have now emailed me back and said that they have listened to the conversation and the lady said 4 weeks notice and I am liable for 4 weeks rent.  Now I may well of misheard her when I thought she said a full weeks notice she may have said 4 weeks notice but I am sure she said a full weeks notice and i was told a week by another member of staff a few weeks ago.

I have emailed her back and said that I may of misheard but I would like to listen to the phone recording myself.  As yet they havent responded.

I think its unreasonable for them to make me give 4 weeks when I had to sign the new tenancy with little notice or loose the property.  And it was all done through their gateway, and they will have a tenant in there pretty much straight away getting rent from them.

I am on a very low income, I am on my own, I have serious medical issues and I am really getting myself stressed out over this.

Any advice would be so appreciated.  Can I insist they let me listed to the recording?



Link to post
Share on other sites

Id start by submitting a formal Subject Access Request to the local authority. State that you want all data including telephone recordings.


They'll have a month to provide you with the data and recordings then

We could do with some help from you.



Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...