council court summons cost.

Bailiffchaser
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am due a summons from my local council at any time for failiure to pay a council tax bill of £340. now what i intend to do is when the summons are recieved challenge this through the court system as indirectly the council is penalising everybody. through the court charge. also they will again cherge an extra £55 to apply for a verbal assessment at a magistrates court. which would be £115 in total. Now i am planning on getting a breakdown from the la as to how they make their charges up. hopefully should post here as soon as anything happens. Anybody got any positive thoughts on this ?

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

i recieved a total breakdown of costs it comes to about 50p

but then they add on the whole cost of running the department divided by debtors ( obviously a minority) and then come up with £78!!!!

obviosly they need a collections dept to collect the tax anyway- just not sure how to reply to it: if you want a full breakdown that they sent please pm me:wink:

Be very careful - it can be a done deal before you know it. In Scotland, actions for rent and tax arrears (including council) don't need to formally call in court. You get with with a Statutory addition of 10% for non payment, and the bailiffs move in. There's no opportunity to speak to a judge unless can force them to follow another route - they do not provide a court date, and seek a warrant in bulk for all their debtors.