style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just started to try and recover my back charges from the YB totaling £1577.10 including statutory interest. Wrote to them asking for the money back and have recieved a prompt reply from them, they wrote back within 3 days of my inital letter. A standard looking letter, that outlines their terms and conditions, points out that the charges are fair, gives details of ther internal complaints procedures, threatens a counter claim should I proceed with court action and tells me they are unwilling to pay back my charges.

I'm about to write back threatening court action if I do not receive full payment within a further 7 days. Anyone any further advise I may need at this point regarding extracting the money from the Yorkshire Bank?

I'm concerned about falling under Scottish law if I file with the court. Which address should I use for the YB when filing my compaint with the court. Also I live in Nottingham and have noticed there have been large delays in the court process here. Has anyone any advise on how to speed things up? Things that I should do in advance.

Thanks in advance,

spb.

Use your local branch of YB and or the head office in Leeds.Dont use Glasgow until you have filed your court claim,Use an address in England for MCOL.You will then hear from Glasgow,it will then be safe to to correspond with Glasgow as your claim is already filed aginst a firm and address in England.

As for speeding things up.It looks impossible with this bunch,they will use every and any tactic to delay things.Just hang in there and be prepared for the long haul.Oh and use recorded for all letters.That way they cant say they didnt receive your letters

;) If this helps please click the scales bottom left

thanks Zebbydog. You would have thought that the YB would have learned that they are not going to win and save themselves some time and money by just paying up.

No they wont learn until the OFT or some such give them a caning about their obstructive behaviour.It seems that half this bunch are just bloody minded and the rest of em incompetent:o

;) If this helps please click the scales bottom left