Is this allowed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Currently bank with Abbey and have an authorised overdraft of £1,400 which until October 06 I have never had to use. Anyway just going through my statements and have found they have been charging me £30+ to clear my DD which I should point out does not exceed my od!! Is this allowed?

Any help you can give would be grately appreciated.

Many thanks

SunshineJ

Er, no. You'd better give them a call, it sounds like a mistake they made. Either that, or they cancelled your o/d without telling you and charged you for going o/d without permission!

Either way, query it and let us know what happened. If it's just the one charge, they may well refund you it without hassle.

Hi and thanks. The charges have happened a few times! So i'm just calulating how much these charges come to. I have been shocked to find that Abbey have charged 4 x £30 in one day! I will speak to the bank first thing tomorrow. Will keep you updated.

Thanks

Oh, right, sorry, I thought you had just found the one!

If that's the case, don't bother phoning,they won't refund you so easily. Just go for the lot, regardless of how and why they were incurred, makes no difference, they'll pay back the lot eventually.