Haven't heard anything

Geekusdeekus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my inital letter to A&L on the 17th of November. I am yet to hear anything from them although they have now closed my bank account. I sent the £10 in the form of a postal order but I cannot find the stub, will I have to start al over again?

What should I do now?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Forget about whether they got the postal order. Did you send the letter by Recorded Delivery? If so, then go to the Royal Mail website and check on delivery. Your 40 days starts from the date of delivery.

If you didn't send it by recorded delivery, then my advice is to swallow the loss and start again.

This time - get organised -- and keep your stubs and recorded delivery

stuff.

-maranatha-

Guest ian cognito

They do seem to be slipping a bit on sending out statements, I assume they are busy! Did they give you a reason for closing your account because although they do say they will close accounts, they usually do so after the charges have been refunded.

You could just phone or write to them and ask when to expect your statements, that way you will get a definitive answer as to whether they recieved your request, if they have got it and you send another one, you are just giving them an excuse to delay for another 40 days.

Hello all, thanks for the replies.

I did send the letter by recorded delivery and they received it on 17/11/06.

I also received a letter from thm yesterday about why they have closed my account. Before starting this I switched all my banking over to the halifax but I forgot to change some direct debits. It turns out I have been £164 overdrawn for a while now and this is why they have closed the account. I also owe £600on a flexiplan account but I was paying £30 a month to this, thay are now demanding all of that money be paid immediately.

Will any of this affect my claim? Or is it all a seperate issue to them owing me money? I think they owe me in the region of £3 - 4k so will the money I owe them be deducted from my payment?

Guest ian cognito

They are quite predictable about the way they handle claims, you will have to file a court clam, they will acknowledge, say they intend to defend the whole of the claim, then they will settle.

They will send you a cheque so you will be able to pay it into your new account then settle. As you are at least a month away from getting your money, you will be better off continuing to pay off what you owe them.

Because you are in dispute, they couldn't force you to repay the balance on the loan. You should probably write and tell them this.

As already said (and I know this first-hand), you will have to press the issue all the way to filing a small claim, at which point they will worry you silly for 7-days by saying they will defend it before you get a cheque for full & final settlement. Because it will be as a result of the legal action, I doubt they will make any deductions from this - you'll have to be sensible and repay the loan once the cheque has cleared.

Good luck.

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...