reclaiming charges from buisness acount?

wakster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

found this wonderful forum in a link from Martin Lewis' site regarding bank charges, i was told that i would be able to find out whether or not it is possible to reclaim charges from my girlfriends buisness account?.

So my question is just that, is it possible and is the process the same?

sorry if this is a repost but i have been trawling and used the search option to no avail...:rolleyes:

Thanks alot guys, Ben

I found this in the FAQs:

Q. I have a business account. Can I, or my company, still get penalty charges back?

A. Yes, but on a slightly different basis. To do so, you need to rely on the Common law of contract and the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977 rather than the 1999 Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations, because these deal with business to consumer rather than business to business relationships. If you are trying to recover business charges DO NOT cite the 1999 regulations in your court claim. An amended version of the standard initial letter for businesses is included in the library.

HTH!

I think the answer is in the quoted bit and not sure what HTH means but Yes is the answer to reclaiming on a business account.

Sorry! 'HTH' is 'Hope This Helps', I've spent too long on message boards!

No worries about missing it, I know my head's still spinning about the idea of reclaiming this money, I find it difficult to get my head around all the legal stuff and I still can't quite believe that I'm about to take someone to court because I was terrible with money at university!