Mortgage.....advice required.

CASSI1977

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone.... please Help!

I currently have a mortgage with SPML because my partner has a history of bad debt, so we struggled to get a high street mortgage. The mortgage I have is a variable rate it has gone from £472.00 per month to present £510.00 a month. I am wanting to change my mortgage to a high street lender as their interest rates are set lower, however I know if I do the application with my partners details we would be declined due to his past debt. What I would like to do is apply for a high street mortgage with just my details and then have my partners name put onto that mortgage. Can this be done??? Or would they delve into his financial background?? I hope this makes sense look forward to hearing from someone!

Many thanks

Hi Cassi1977,

From experience, your credit check will be done on those at your current property and some lenders require you disclose if you are living with anyone (partner etc). I'm not sure you would get off with a clean slate by doing it alone, I may be wrong and things may have changed, but the credit scoring now goes from sublime to ridiculous and it's wholly unfair in quite a few cases as it penalises those who deserve it most. Whatever you decide to do, good luck - and if you do get the chance to, whop SPML's arse and get your ERC/charges back if applicable.

;)

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC

Settled in FULL on 8/8/06 - £3619.53

:D

CAPITAL ONE

Settled in Full on 6/9/06 - £84.76

ABBEY NATIONAL (Old N&P Mortgage)

Settled In Full on 2/3/07 - £307.13

SPML

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

MORTGAGES PLC

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

The credit checks will extend to those who you have a financial connection with. So if you have a joint account a joint loan or joint mortgage you will have a financial connection and any application for credit will automatically check his file irrespective of whether he is on the application form or not.

How bad is his record? If it is bankruptcy or CCJ there is little you can do to remove these. If its defaulted accounts or arrears you may be able to get these removed.

All the best

Zoot

Zoot

Can i ask a question please, trying to find anyone who has claimed back from Stroud & Swindon, can you help ? also need to know what the max is that we can claim and if there are any letter templates i can use, we swopped mortgages 18 months ago and i'm sure the ERc is over £5K:razz:

statements requested 23rd Nov charged £5

statements arrived 28th Nov

sent first letter claiming £1264 on 7th Dec to halifax

halifax replied standard letter 13th Dec

second letter sent 22nd Dec :p

Halifax sent letter 22nd Dec offering £1087 full & final only £177 short of the full amount:eek:

Accepted the offer on 28th Dec on to the next one.......

Hi Pinkglitter,

I'm not aware of any successes from Stroud and Swindon as yet although a couple of claims in progress.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/49736-stroud-swindon-erc.html

Have a look in the FAQs and the letter templates in the stickies at the top of this forum and start a thread when yu are ready to proceed.

All the best

Zoot