Hello, I'm new to this!

katetee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning one and all.

May I start by saying I hope you have all had a good festive period and wish everyone a happy and prosperous New Year.

I have put off trying to reclaim my bank charges from the Halifax, because they are so intimidating, but after this morning - no more!

Through a mistake they made, they have left me with a zero balance on my current account, and will be charging me £120 next week for four payments which will either fail or be paid and I will be overdrawn!!! The mistake was made by the mortgage department, but the Halifax are so big, it seems impossible to get two departments to actually communicate with each other. the mortgage department said "send us a statement showing the charges and we will give them back as it is our mistake", but I have to pay the charges first in order to have the statement to show them, aaaaarrgh.

Anyway, I am off to start some reading up on this process and going to open a new account with the nationwide.

Thank you for allowing me to vent

Good morning one and all.

May I start by saying I hope you have all had a good festive period and wish everyone a happy and prosperous New Year.

I have put off trying to reclaim my bank charges from the Halifax, because they are so intimidating, but after this morning - no more!

Through a mistake they made, they have left me with a zero balance on my current account, and will be charging me £120 next week for four payments which will either fail or be paid and I will be overdrawn!!! The mistake was made by the mortgage department, but the Halifax are so big, it seems impossible to get two departments to actually communicate with each other. the mortgage department said "send us a statement showing the charges and we will give them back as it is our mistake", but I have to pay the charges first in order to have the statement to show them, aaaaarrgh.

Anyway, I am off to start some reading up on this process and going to open a new account with the nationwide.

Thank you for allowing me to vent

Welcome Kate :D

I am glad you are reading up first its always best. :) Let us know how you progress please.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.