New claim coming

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Having been on the forum for a few days i have decided to go for a claim against halifax. They owe me about £1400 so lets hope i get it! Like many other people i am excited and scared, so i will be on here keeping everyone up to date and asking for help.

Just a quick question - do i send the first letter to my local branch or the main office of halifax? - Does anyone know how to find the main office address?

Also - i have seen an order of which letters are sent, could anyone direct me to it?

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent (Recorded Delivery) - 28 December 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Acknowlegdement received 6 January 2007

Statements received 10 February 2007

Prelim sent (Recorded Delivery) - 13 February 2007

Prelim Received - 14 February 2007

Prelim Acknowledgement received - 20 February 2007

LBA sent (Recorded Delivery) - 1 March 2007

Good Luck, stick by your guns, you will win even though it seems too good to be true. The Link you need is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

I would send it to their head office address, this may be on their statements they send you or you could call them and ask them where to send a letter. For the claim if it goes as far as the court stage then you will need their Head office or registered office address.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Thanks for that, will be sending the letter of today or tomorrow. The 40 days are up on the 7th February so i will keep you all posted.

I would call them before that date to chase them up just so you get your info quickly.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

SAR letter sent 28 December

Hi - first of all good luck with the Halifax. I'm also claiming from them. I've got as far as sending off my LBA - and their deadline for response is next Tuesday!! My timescales have been really quick so far - have a look on my thread - jaxads - to see how quickly they've responded. It is very exciting but also scarey too!! Jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

I just realised, i have sent my SAR to the customer relations office in leeds, but everyone else seems to be sending them to trinity road in halifax!

Does this matter? i am only requesting my statements at this stage.

Hi Superowls,

I sent everything to Trinity Road, but if you ahve sent it to the Leeds office it will be forwarded to the relevant department so don't worry.

Good luck with your claim-while waiting for responses from Halifax, read as much as you can on the site. It will give you confidence when you know what to expect form them. Also keep uour thread updated and as k any questions. You will get lots of help and support here.

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I sent the sar letter to the halifax on the 28th via recorded delivery, but the royal mail track and trace is not very good (other items have already been received a week or so, before they tend to update their information)and so i do not know if they have received it. From what date do i start the 40 days limit? is it from the day i sent it or the day they actually received it according to royal mail?

The time starts from the day they receive the request - which the courts usually put at 2 working days after it was posted, so start counting from then.

You will have problems with track and trace if you sent to the Leeds PO Box address as the Post Office don't record such deliveries to a box number.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Received my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) "fob off" letter today, stating that they have 40 days to respond to my request, they state that they have until the 12th February 2007. How long should i wait before chasing this up?

You've had more correspondence than I - never got the acknowledgement letter from them - with my timeline I sent my SAR on the 31st October, noted that my cheque had been cashed on the 8th Nov, received a 'your statements are in the post' letter the 24th and the statements arrived the 29th (ish - from memory).

Didn't need to do any chasing, but thought I would have if I hadn't had a letter by about a week/10 days before the 40 days were up.

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

• 2 weeks later...

got my second fob off letter this morning, stating that my statements have been ordered and will be sent out shortly. So hopefully my prelim will be sent sometime next week

getting well impatiant now!!!!! i want to get the ball rolling properly and not just with the sar ! Was really hoping to receive the statements a couple of days after they were ordered, but that was about a week and half ago now! oh well, will just have to sit tight and wait. At least this is the longest wait of the process.

• 2 weeks later...

ok - so i am still waiting, they only have until the 12th - would it be beneficial to give them a call on monday (only 7 days left) and remind them of their obligation?

Hi Superowls,

From what I have read on the forums as soon as they send that letter out it is not long till they send out statements.. I did this a different way and phoned for my statements and they arrived in 7 days. They should be with you soon! Can't see a phone call to remind them would do you any harm! :rolleyes:

AtMoSpHeRiC

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D

Well, rang the halifax on monday and they can not find any record of the correspondence. Funny that as i have a letter confirming receipt. They said that if the SAR went to head office and they are dealing with it then the statements will definatly be here by the date on their letter. Lets wait and see!

Told them that if i did not receive the statements by the 12th then i would be taking further action and reporting them to the Information Commisioner. I have already typed the LBA for the SAR as i am not hopeful that they will get them to me on time.

Good Luck with that!

Keep us posted! Cross fingers you get them soon X

AtMoSpHeRiC X

At last my statements have arrived! Just done my spreadsheet regarding the charges and i was a little suprised to find they have only taken £507 in total - thought it would be a lot more than this.

Quick question: do i put the £10 fee for the sar on the bottom of this spreadsheet, can i claim interest back on this?

no, that goes on later at the court stage.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

The £10 fee goes on later? or you just mean the interest? i know about the interest - i just wanted to get my spreadsheet correct before i saved it.

Hi Superowls,

Glad you got your statements :) does not matter how much is owed back to you it is YOUR money... I am sure it will come in handy :rolleyes:

You leave off the 8% interest till the court stage, I just claimed the charges on my first letter and thats all i will be claiming for on my LBA.. I did not put on the £5 charge for the statements, I felt that the £5 charge was quite fair considering I was sent 15 envelopes :lol:

Hope this helps a lil :D

AtMoSpHeRiC X

When i filed at court, i added the Court charge and the £10 sar.

I didnt put it on my spread sheets.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Sent Prelim asking for £507 on Tuesday 13th February. Lets see if i get any response to this.....won't hold my breathe!

Received the Prelim letter 14 February 2007