• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ma -v- Lloyds TSB***WON***

fairwinds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have been following this site for 6 months, reading a lot and posting 1 or 2 two questions.

I started this claim for my friend, she does not have a computer:( , so I thought I would help her out.

Everything so far has been exactly as it says on most of the posts and infomation pages. I did use moneyclaim online and now Lloyds have filed a defence.

However they have not said that it is "too vague" just a lot of jargon about their services and charges. They say the cahrges are fair and reasonable and it is denied that they are unlawful.

Remembering that this is for a friend, and i don't want to make a hash of it for her, I thought I would ask for a bit of help.

The court have sent the AQ(small claims track) it all looks straight forward but insection G (other information) is there a recommended statement?

Should I be sending anything else with this document? nothing has been asked for, but because I used moneyclaim online I haven't sent them the schedule of charges. Should I do this now or wait until we are asked for it?

And lastly:rolleyes: do I need to send copies of anything to Sechiari Clark and Mitchell?

hya fairwinds, yes you should send them a schedule of charges and also copy in SC&m and the courts too.

as for the AQ I'll dig out the info for you

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

Did you use the proper MCOL template? If so, I would'nt worry too much about the "too vague" defence. Here, have a look at this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/47344-ltsb-defence-claim-too.html

As discussed on that thread, yes, you will need to send a schedule of charges attached to the AQ.

Heres the AQ guide notes - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi Gary,

I did use the proper template, their defence didn't mention "too vague" , that was why I asked what would be correct to send back. I put as many details as would fit in the allocated space. Any ideas?:o

Ah, I see! Sorry, my mistake - I misread your post, thought you said it DID say too vague. Just ignore me!!:oops:

Ok, thats good then. All you need do is use the AQ guide notes in the second link I gave you. It will tell you what to put in section G.

You can still attach a schedule of charges to the AQ though.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Sorry:o this is going to sound dumb! I have read and re-read the links you have sent me, but I am still a little unsure. The claim is not even near to £5k, so do I still need to eplain why the small claims track would be more suitable?

On one of the links it says to leave it blank (section G) is that advisable?

Use this in section G, regardless of your claims value.

I respectfully request that this claim be allocated to the small claims track. This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers) that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. I believe this would bring a rapid end to this litigation.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello evryone,

Since I last posted, I have taken the AQ to the court (29th December) and they cashed the cheque on the 5th January. I have heard nothing at all from anyone.

Is there something I should be doing now? or just let it run its course?

Hi

I would give the Court a ring to make sure there isn't a problem, they are very helpful. They are very busy at the moment, so it is probably just a matter of a backlog of cases and you'll have to wait for your court date.

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update folks!

I rang the court last week, and was told that it had gone before the judge and he has allocated 30 mins on the 26th April 2007. They also said I would receivie this in writing but as yet nothing has arrived, that was over a week ago.

Should I follow this up with another phone call or just sit tight?:confused:

Wait another week - they're very busy aty the moment, as you might imagion! If you still haven't received anything after that then ring again. In the meantime have a good read of the 'Basic court bundle' and make yourself familiar with its contents.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am getting a little unsettled, on Monday 26th Feb I rang the court again because I still had not received anything in writing. They told me they had sent a letter and could not understand why it had not been received. They said they would send out a copy straight away.... guess what, still no letter. Do I hassle them again?

In the meantime, I have mentioned before that I am doing this for my friend, who is on her own with 5 kids and living from hand to mouth on a daily basis. She has just told me that she has be overdrawn again a couple of times in the past month and hit with the usual charges.

What should I do now ? do I amend the schedule of charges? I was going to ask anyway if I should be bringing the interest amount up to date before we go to court?

I have been reading through the court bundle and I am starting to feel a bit out of my depth! :eek:

I know this is not until 26th April but I need to sort it out in my head, if you know what I mean!!!

Any suggestions?

Yes, if you still haven't received it then ring them again. Have they got the correct address? May be worth checking just in case.

Unfortunately you cannot increase the value of your claim after it issued unless you file a formal application, which would cost £35 and is extra hassle. I would suggest that you start again for the new charges once this claim is settled - they seem to be paying out pretty easily on the second time around, mostly after the LBA.

The court bundle is nothing to worry about. Have a read of this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

Hello!

Good news!:D

My friend (the one I am doing all this for) rang me this morning, Lloyds have deposited the full amount plus interest and court costs in her account.

I am sure you will all agree this is great news, especially as we were both a bit worried about actually having to go to court.

Now, I think there are some loose ends to tie up, do I ring or write to the court and tell them Lloyds have settled?

My friend did not get letters from Llloyds or Sc&m regarding the setlement, but as I mentioned a couple of posts ago, she has had more charges since. Do we start a new claim from the start?

Thank you all for your help to date. lets hope we can put an end to this soon.:)

Nice work, to close out go here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/7261-when-you-get-your.html

There is a letter in the link below to inform the Court of settlement:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-487345.html

If you have more charges you need to start the whole process again.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Fantastic, very well done to both of you!!!!:D

lets hope we can put an end to this soon.:-)

We're working on it;)