bv1010 v hsbc

bv1010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Following the coverage on the BBC News web site, I decided to use their standard letter.

I sent it, along with copies of statements and a summary of charges made over the last 6 years to my local branch (I realise it is recommended to send to the head office, but understand they forward it for you).

I sent it registered delivery and the 14 days are now up. I haven't heard anything from HSBC (I checked that it was signed for) but I assume this is quite common.

I am now going to send your Letter Before Action. The only thing is, when calculating my money due (£1200), I didn't include any costs for overdraft interest. Can I now add these into the Letter Before Action or should I keep the amount I am claiming exactly the same?

I don't quite understand the 8% interest but i'll read up on that while i'm waiting for the 14 days to pass after I send the LBA.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't need to send any further letters, I got an offer of £1000. While this may seem a cop out, I need the money and wasn't looking forward to the whole court process.

I know that with interest I could have got more but I am £2 off going over my overdraft limit.... and I wouldn't want to have to make any more claims for excessive penalty fees!

lord.... where did i go wrong>??? where did you guys send your requests to. all the newbies seem to be getting their dosh back with no qustions asked!!!

good on u all

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!