RMA / Barclays

LJL
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have a debt for a Barclay's loan which I have been paying back via RMA debt collectors for approx 2 years.

Can I still ask for a copy of my signed CCA etc and challenge the debt, even though I have been repaying for 2 years and therefore effectively accepted responsiblity of the debt?

Thanks for your help

Hi,

Thanks for replying, I'll get on the case with RMA!

I sent a SAR to Barclays this week, so I'll let you know what happens.

Trouble is, as my accounts were closed on me and I buried my head in the sand, I threw away my account details, so I have sent them my old address's etc and I'll see what they say.

Thanks for your help on this.

Hi Guys,

I have just sent a request for CCA (as per template) to RMA, I am almost certain that they will not have one.

I may be being stoopid here, but what is the next stage if they can not provide me with one.

Surely they will say 'well you have been paying the debt for 2 years - what's your problem'

Will they not simply refer the debt back to Barclays who will then in turn instruct another DCA? I can not imagine them just writing the debt off - or do they?

If the original agreement has been lost, then the debt cannot be enforced. I have seen this happen many times on this site. If this does happen, you can ask the DCA for a refund of all the monies you had paid. Make sure you sent the CCA by recorded and stick to the timetable.

Hi - surely they will not just write the debt off and refund my money - or will they?

Also, I am working really hard to improve my credit file - can I request that the notice be removed from Barclays?

Almost sounds too good to be true - no CCA = no Debt?

Amazing - can you point in the direction of a thread or forum which demostrates how to do this? i.e what letters need to be sent post request and non production of CCA?