Jump to content


They've made me an offer.....but,


Andy Pandy
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hello folks:)

 

It gets serious from here!

 

me v HSBC!!

 

hope i've got everything right up to now, been reading everything i can find on here.

 

lba going of today, for my £1,797 in charges back. I'm sending it recorded and the address is St James's St London, does this sound correct?

 

Great to feel part of what's going on and i spread the word every day:-)

 

Cheers for now, I'll keep you posted, Andy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andy

 

sounds ok - as long as you remembered to send a prelim. letter first and you included your schedule of course.

 

All the best, keep us posted :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some don't get a reply at all - others after a month when they have already filed at court, don't worry, the address is fine, its just different offices of the same organisation and if they can't handle it they will pass it on to an office which can. Spend the time writing shopping lists!!!:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

had some guy phone my house yesterday from my branch as a "courtesy call"!

 

in all the 10 years i've had my account i've never had such a thing.

 

he asked my folks to get me to give him a call today to see if all is well, i felt the urge not to so i didn't.

 

did i do right or wrong?

 

thanks for any advice

 

lba sent last week

Link to post
Share on other sites

had some guy phone my house yesterday from my branch as a "courtesy call"!

 

in all the 10 years i've had my account i've never had such a thing.

 

he asked my folks to get me to give him a call today to see if all is well, i felt the urge not to so i didn't.

 

did i do right or wrong?

 

thanks for any advice

 

lba sent last week

 

It can do no harm to listen to what they have to say.

 

 

 

 

 

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

oh oh,

 

filed MCOL today and i might have been writting to the wrong address.

 

saying that, it's the same address i wrote to asking for my statements and they all came back fine, not sure how i feel now....

 

will post with any updates ok guys

Link to post
Share on other sites

a quick quiery if anyone is able to help,

 

i've told em in me mcol details that i'm gonna send em another copy of the schedule of charges. is there a covering letter i send with this or do i just put ref claim of charges??

 

still not heard a thing from em :confused:

 

cheers for now, Andy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andy, the MCOL screen will be updated to tell you when the defendant has acknowledged the claim and when/if they have filed a defence.

 

When the claim is acknowledged (which has to be within 14 days of the claim being served) you should receive a copy in the post from MCOL, and at that point you send a copy of your schedule to the person who has acknowledged it (at DG solicitors).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is relevant but while i was at work yesterday i had 8 missed calls!

 

Are they gonna tell me they're going to court on the phone or do you think they're gonna make me an offer??

 

wish i was sure what's going on!!

:confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure what to do here.....

mcol 28 days are up tomorrow. it looks like they entered a defence.

what happens now then please? it says i will be notified of which court it has been transfered to.

d7g solicitors have also written to me asking for a breakdown of all charges so shall i send them a copy of my schedule of charges?

any help would be great!!

thanks, Andy:confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck!!

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what to do here.....

mcol 28 days are up tomorrow. it looks like they entered a defence.

what happens now then please? it says i will be notified of which court it has been transfered to.

d7g solicitors have also written to me asking for a breakdown of all charges so shall i send them a copy of my schedule of charges?

any help would be great!!

thanks, Andy:confused:

 

 

Hey Andy... check out what happened to me today!

We're about the same stage but I had already sent a breakdown or charges to D&G

 

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/44153-babs-hsbc-mcol-me-21.html

 

Babs x

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

no response :x

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

 

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

 

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that babs,

 

after reading your day i think i'm gonna sit tight and wait to see what happens.

 

sent my schedule off to D&G, dealing with a lady called Rachel Tomlinson.

 

what's the timescale of events now, does anyone know??

 

Andy

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

 

can someone give me a little advise please?

 

They've offered me the £2.300 back they took from me but if I'm to stay within timescales I need to hand in my AQ to court tomorrow.

 

Shall I go ahead and hand in my AQ, plus £100, or shall i consider it dealt with and sit back and wait for my cheque?

 

Any advice please, I don't want to mess things up now.

 

Help, as always, very much appreciated.

 

Andy

Link to post
Share on other sites

here's a post i sent to babs and several others in similar postition. you don't want to actually stop the claim until you have the money - see if it helps - i think, if 2300 is what you needed to settle and they've offered it - go ahead, sign it, send(fax) it to dg asap., then follow lively lad's advice -

 

 

babs, new info - i asked the question on crusher's thread and lively lad (good man that he is) gave the reply. pass it on to other's as i have to dash..............

 

hey crusher, how's about a quickie....

question that is:

there are several people now who have had offers, accepted but it doesn't look like the money will come through until after the aq deadline.

am i right telling them they need to go ahead and file it before the deadline passes, even though they have signed the acceptance. bit of a grey area for me, unchartered seas........ yeah or nay, a lot of people will struggle to find that extra dosh at this particular time. what say you?

thankx for the input.

 

from lively lad:

I would firstly ask tell the bank you will need:

 

a) The cash deposited into account or a cheque before the AQ date

b) Failing that written confirmation of the offer.

c) I would also inform the court that you have reached a settlement and you are awaiting payment ask them to delay the submission date by 1 week.

__________________

 

inform the court, etc. as c) above, let dg know you have asked for a weeks delay on the aq but if your money is not received in one w eek (give them the date!) you will need to file and will therefore require 100 more to settle (actually, put all this in you settlement letter and keep that other copy), i think that should cover all the bases and buy you one more week before you need to file the aq. OK?

 

more info for after the money arrives:When You Get Your Refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I've won!! wehey!!

 

£2,309 in me account today.

 

thanks to all for info, encouragement and advice.

 

keep going folks, it will soon be back in ur account where it belongs!

 

cheers, Andy:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...