Evri Lost Parcel £700 - Seeking Advice on a Court claim.

I recently encountered an issue with Evri regarding a lost parcel valued at £700.

The parcel was initially declared lost in the post, but later, I received an email on January 2nd stating that it had been found and sent back to me on December 23rd, 2023.

However, I only learned about the delivery on January 2nd, and on January 10th, I received an email with photos claiming the parcel was delivered on my doorstep.

I promptly informed Evri that the parcel had not arrived, but they insist it was delivered on December 23rd.

To make matters worse, they argue that the parcel contents are on the no compensation list.

Do I have a right to file a claim in this situation as the parcel was stolen off my doorstep and I had no awareness that it was being delivered?

Any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

• dx100uk changed the title to Evri Lost Parcel £700 - Seeking Advice on a Court claim.

Are you the original sender or the addressee?

Yes we can help you claim your money back.

Please start off by telling us what the contents were
was it correctly identified
was the value correctly declared
did you purchase the so-called insurance

you post the photos up here. Are they in fact the photos of your doorstep?

Start reading the stories on this sub- forum. Lots of them. It is important that you understand the principles involved. We will help you get your money back but this is a self-help forum and you need to understand what you're doing and be in control.
We will guide you.

Please answer the questions above and start doing the reading – lots of it.

Hi, I appreciate your reply. I was the original sender and the contents of the package was a watch worth £700 and all was correctly identified. Yes I had purchased “insurance”. The photos provided by Evri are of the parcel on my doorstep. 

Okay. The no compensation list is unfair and unenforceable – certainly in respect of lost items – because it is inconceivable that the characteristic of an item can contribute to the risk of it being lost.
I suppose it was probably stolen but there is no reason why you should be responsible for the criminal acts of EVRi contractors or employees. There is also absolutely no reason why you should be required to insure yourself against the criminality of their own employees.

The fact that you declare the item correctly and they were happy to sell you insurance simply emphasises the fact that they are acting unfairly and unlawfully.

Please do the reading as I have suggested. This is extremely important.

Draft a letter of claim and post it here.

EVRi Parcelnet Limited, Mr Guy Howson,
Capital House, Flat 1, 24,
1, Capital Close, Ferndale Road,
Morley, Clapham North,
Leeds, London,
West Yorkshire, SW4 7SF
LS27 0WH
4th February 2024
Dear Evri,
Re: Letter of Claim: Missing Parcel Evri Reference: EVR34633036, Tracking Number:
H0011C0004655359
Re: Lost Parcel with a Value of £700.00
I trust this letter finds you well. I am writing to address a matter of significant concern regarding a
recent shipment facilitated by your company.

On November 18th, 2023, I engaged Evri's services to dispatch a parcel, identified under the
reference number EVR34633036. This parcel, subsequently assigned the tracking number
H0011C0004655359, was dispatched from a local post office on November 20th, 2023, destined for
the United States of America. Throughout the transit process, Evri communicated an email
confirmation indicating the loss of the parcel. However, it was later located and redirected to the
sender, Mr. Guy Howson, on December 23rd, 2023. Unfortunately, I was not told of this of the parcel's
until January 2nd, 2024, after the supposed delivery and confirmation of its arrival at my address was
only received on January 10th.
Considering my absence from my address until December 30th, 2023, I was unable to take
possession of the parcel upon its return. The tracking information suggests that the item was signed
for, yet I was in a different county at the time, rendering such a signature impossible. Moreover, upon
my return, the parcel was not at my address due to it being left by an Evri member of staff in an
unsafe location.
The contents of the lost parcel are appraised at £700.00.
In light of the circumstances outlined above, I kindly request a thorough investigation into this matter
and a satisfactory response within 14 days from the date of this letter. Failure to provide
compensation of the parcels value in full within the stipulated timeframe will regrettably compel me to
initiate legal proceedings against Evri in the County Court without any further notice.
I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and trust that we can reach a mutually agreeable
resolution.

Yours Sincerely,
Guy Howson

I have crossed out some sentences which are really quite inappropriate. Little bit less of the "kindly" – but most importantly, I don't know why you are asking for an investigation. You simply want your money and if they don't pay it than ever to see them.

It's almost okay but it's a bit verbose. They scarcely read it anyway and they certainly won't be impressed by any kind of flowery language

the United States of America. Throughout during the transit process, Evri communicated an email

Unfortunately, I was not told of this EVRi failed to update me and to to inform me as to the redirection until…

Considering my absence from my address until December 30th, 2023, I was unable to take
possession of the parcel upon its return.  
Because of EVRi failure to communicate with me appropriately, I was unable to arrange to take delivery of the parcel upon its return

appraised at

In light of the circumstances outlined above, I request a satisfactory response within 14 days from the
date of this letter. 
As you are responsible for the loss of my parcel was it was in your care, I require that you reimburse me in full.

Failure to provide compensation of the parcels value in full within the stipulated
timeframe (14 day) will regrettably cause me to initiate 
if I do not receive full reimbursement within 14 days then I shall begin…

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure that we have your draft particulars of claim before you click them off

• 1 month later...

The parcel was sent. However, the parcel never arrived at the destination and declared
lossed by the defendant. The parcel was later declared found and was sent back to the
original address. The defendant claims that the parcel was delivered at a date when the claimant was away for several days The claiment was was only informed about this after the purported delivery was alleged to have taken place

I see that you say they claim to have a signature. Have you seen this? Have you asked for it?

Also I'm going to say that we are all volunteers here and we deal with a lot of these cases and when people take extended periods of time away, and pop in and out, it makes it very difficult for us to have to try and go back and recap of what has happened.

Did you send the letter of claim? What date did you send it and what date did you give them as the deadline

No I have not asked for it but I have a screen grab of the tracking saying they have got one but no one was at the address at the time to provide one. I  sent the letter of the claim over a month ago and gave them 14 days 

Please can you give us the date you sent it and the date that they 14 day deadline expired.

Have you asked them specifically to produce the signature?

Hi I sent it on the 26th February and the deadline would have been the 11th march. No I have not asked for it specifically. 

Put in a request for it immediately

You need at least to have a refusal for to be ignored.

I'm afraid what were the delays etc you have undermined your credibility and so you may as well wait a bit and ask for the information and probably send another letter of claim.

It would be very unhelpful to you if they suddenly produced in court a signature.

You haven't responded to my comment above, but can we take it that you are now going to follow this through and remain constant about it?

The volunteers who help you are also busy with their work et cetera.

I suggest that you ask for the signature first of all. Do it in writing and meanwhile prepare a second letter of claim and post it here.

I really do hope that there won't be any more breaks and that this will be a continuous transaction to the issue of the claim.

This means that you will send a letter asking for signature. In about seven days you will send a letter of claim and the wording will depend on whether or not you get a response to your request for signature.
Then during that time draft particulars of claim and post it here. Once again the final wording will depend on their response to your request for signature.

Then on day 15 you issue a claim. That's the way it works if you want to get your money back. You have to keep in the face and be relentless. I'm afraid that taking time off and popping in and out is unhelpful to you, it's unhelpful to us and the only people who benefit are EVRi.

It makes your job more difficult because they don't take you seriously doubt that it makes our job more difficult as well. You need to engage with this thread please.

I suggest that you draft a letter asking for a signature and post it up here straightaway and you should be able to get it off in the post tomorrow

Also I understand that they have apparently told you that the item is on the non-compensation list and yet they offered you so-called insurance for it and you purchased it – is that correct?

Hey,

Gonna do this from experirence. If the signature isnt on the website, it doesn't exist.

They regularly say sig collected without collecting one.

This issue was brought before two DJs and both found against EVRi.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Please see what I have posted about in this other thread about pushing for signature.

if EVRi are routinely asking for extra money for signatures and yet failing to obtain them then I think this becomes an issue. Particularly because when parcels then are lost or stolen, they try to welch out of paying the reimbursement, this needs to be brought to the attention of the courts and also the public generally.

I've also posted to that thread the court's interpretation of that matter. Please ensure you understand how they came to that view. If you are unsure please ask

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service