Jump to content

Nuisance neighbour blocking Drive access

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I own my home.

My neighbour owns his home

we both have a right of way to access our homes. 

My neighbour keeps blocking my drive.

I contacted the landowner of the road, they don't care, they said its not their problem.

They own the road so the council won't get involved.

Landowners told me to sort it out with him.

I tried that, he's totally unreasonable and that's putting it mild.

Any advice as I would have thought it was the person who owned the land.

No one is allowed to park in the road owned by landowners yet he's hanging over my drive on the road on purpose.  

Link to post
Share on other sites


yes I would get a solicitor to deal with that one so it's done professionally. 

Is the landowner not responsible in some way since he owns the land and its his land that I have the right to cross that's being interfered with by my neighbour.  


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • dx100uk changed the title to Nuisance neighbour blocking Drive access

you shouldn't need a solicitor 

do you have a copy of both the deeds and the stated right of access and any other relevant docs from the .gov.uk land registry site?

just remember that this has to be a 'substantial interference' , an occasional annoying inconvenience is not such.

it is down to you not the landowner .


please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The neighbour is unreasonable he has been asked time and time again.

He does it on purpose. 

My deeds say I have right of way in common across the land to my home, his are the same. 

He has plenty of parking on his land but parks over mine affecting me getting off my drive and he's doing it in my opinion on purpose. 

The land is owned by someone else, the landowners don't care.

If he was in anyway a reasonable person he would not do.

Therefore I have only one option but to go legal.

I was wondering if in fact it was the landowners responsibility in the way that they own the land I have to cross and its blocked by my neighbour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, muddler said:


yes I would get a solicitor to deal with that one so it's done professionally.

Unnecessary cost. All the information you need is available, and folks here will advise how to wield it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I own my home

I've tried talking to him he is horrible.

It's gone on some time now.

I've gone to landowner

they said it's nothing to do with them.

Legal would be the last route but he has gone too far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Do you have what has been mentioned in post#4 by @dx100uk

You only do this next action if you are willing to proceed to court and have the above evidence:

You will need to send them a Letter Before Action by @Grotesque in post#2

Make sure you post anything here first so we can check it before you send it and anything you do send you make sure and keep a copy and get free proof of posting from the post office.

  • Like 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...