do they even read the letters?

kingmb

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've been pursuing my claim against FD for a little while now and have had an offer for £1740 from a claim of £2200 or so. Standard response "We've done nothing wrong and would easily win in court, but have £1740 and get lost". I wrote back accepting the £1740 as payment for the Overdraft and Excess Overdraft fees and that I would see them in court for the rest (returned dd's etc).

Got a charming letter back (well it was Christmas) saying how pleased they were that I had accepted their offer and that they weren't prepared to give me back the rest. I will go and check all my statements again to check whether the charges were for something I had requested but the dd's returns are unlawful too aren't they? £25 to not pay a DD????

:o

Guest ian cognito

This is quite normal so don't worry, just continue now you have told them you accept their payment only as part settlement.

Yes they are all unlawful, they are just hoping to wear you down and get away with the other £500 or so.