some advice

ronin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i'm new here! First of all i would like to say what a great site this is, lots of information and knowledgeable people.

I ran up alot of charges a couple of years ago and managed to rack up a fair amount of my £3700 overdraft to cover these charges (naturally Nat West were only to happy to help).

I would like to get the ball rolling in respect of reclaiming these charges back, but fear that if i do, my bank will call in the overdraft (which i am in no position to pay at this time)

I've had no other charges in the last nine months because i have finally started to get on top of things, so the more time i waste now, the less i will be able to claim.

Not really sure where to go from here..... Any advice would be apprciated

Well, how much of the overdraft is made of charges? When you get those charges back, would it maybe help wiping off a large part of it?

To be fair, NWB have not been made a habit of calling in o/d so far, but who's to say that they wouldn't change tactics in the future? :rolleyes:

Having said that, having an o/d called in is not the end of the world,and if they tried it, you'd just have to negotiate a monthly repayment to suit your pocket, and there's nothing much they could do if you kept to your part of the bargain... Anyway, that's a bit way off in the future, so don't let that stop you from reclaiming what's yours. ;-)

Please start a new thread in the Natwest forum, it will become your personal diary to which you will add your updates and queries as they arise, and you'll get answers there too.

Keep us updated. :-)

Hi Ronin.

Spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer most of your initial questions.

Send a Data Protection Act SAR letter. You will find this in the letter templates library.

When you receive the statements, enter the charges into the spreadsheet, which you will also find in the templates library.

Having done that, are the charges to be reclaimed higher than your overdraft?

Start your own thread in the Natwest Bank Forum and post any questions and progress reports there. You will be able to draw on the experience of other users who are also dealing with Natwest.

Good luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....