LouLou V Barclaycard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now that I have started my claims with Barclays and are waiting until the 8th May for a reply I thought I'd get the ball rolling with Barclaycard.

What a total joke they are!!! I sent the DPA request letter recorded delivery with a cheque stapled to it for £10. The muppets went and paid the £10 onto my card as a payment (despite the fact I pay by direct debit) and have totally ignored the letter and deny receiving it! I have had to go through several difficult phone calls to get my data sent to me, finally getting a call from their call cent at 11pm (better late than never?!) last night to say it would be with me within 40 days. I corected them on that, it would be with me within 40 days of the 7th April when they banked the cheque for £10.

From other threads I can see this is not the first time this has happened, delaying tactics or just bloody stupidity?

I am also concerned at the lack of concluded cases with Barclays..... I won't be accepting any offers except the full amount!

LouLou

Guest Lueeze

Delaying! They arent stupid! They know exactly what to do!

I have had my cheque back today and a letter request a £10 cheque!

(I know i didnt get it either!:-? )

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a reply to my DPA request letter (they just made 40 day deadline) and I am a bit cheased off cos they only sent statements til may 2004. They say in the letter all data before this date is not held on a computer system or a structure filing system and thus does not fall under DPA regulations!! However if I want the info prior to May 2004 I have to pay £3 per statement.

I am a bit confused now as what to do. How can thy say they data they hold before may 2004 does not come under DPA and yet it is available if I am prepared to pay for it?

Is this a loophole that banks are going to use to their advantage, barclaycard being the first?

I am intending to call legal department at Barclacard to dispute tomorrow.

Also my other claim against Barclays, well they missed their deadline to reply to my request for refund, I am not havig much luck!

Lou

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks