KenSpe Vs Nationwide

KenSpe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Looking for a bit of encouragement and help...I sent my initial letter...got the oh so standard reply...sent LBA directly to the Nationwide Solicitor at HQ listed in the contacts on this site..letter completely ignored and no refundof unlawful penalties. I am filing my online action via HMCS tomorrow (for £3300 plus 8% interest and court costs) but wnated some advice as to who to name...should it be the Nationwide Solicitor or just the building society itself.

Thank you so much (in anticipation).

KenSpe :cool:

It's the Nationwide Building Society that you are sueing not their solicitor.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Once agan, thanks for all the encouragement and the amazing stories.

I Completed the MCOL this morning, £3424 + 8% interest...just sit and wait now.

Does the court notify you when the papers are served upon the Nationwide?

Do the Nationwide inform you that they are paying up?

I am sending a second schedule of charges to the nationwide and would like to know, is it critical that each charge levied is identified as to when it was applied to the account (i.e. on the statement) or when it was actually extracted from the account?

Seasons Greetings fellow superstars!

Many thanks MTM,

I adjusted my schedule of charges accordingly, which will be winging its way to Nationwide HQ by recorded delivery this afternoon.

Further question;

I am sure that the smart folks on here have thought about this, but I was wondering about the effect of the charges. I had £219 worth of unlawful charges taken from my account on the 25/12/2006, which may mean that the direct deibt for my mortgage isn't met. I have put monies into my bank to try to stop this happening, but if it fails, I will be in deep trouble. Would it be reasonable to claim from the Nationwide any penalties that I incur from my mortgage lender? If I check back over the last 6 years of my Nationwide account I am certain I will find a number similar events and knock on effects of their unlawful acts!

Comments welcomed!

:mad:

Hi,

I read with interest KitKat35's post about sending a schedule of charges to the courts. I filed my claim yesterday and have sent an update schedule of charges to the Nationwide by recorded delivery today, but which court address would I send such info to?

Many thanks

KenSpe

If you've filed your claim through MCOL then send your schedule of charges with this letter:-

(YOUR ADDRESS)

The Court Manager

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St Katherine’s Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

(DATE)

Dear Sir/Madam

(YOU) –v- (BANK)

Claim No: ********

I have today requested the issue of a County Court claim via the Moneyclaim online service, details as above.

Please find enclosed a schedule of the money taken from me by the defendant bank by way of charges, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached with the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

(YOU)

• Haha 1

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

All done and dusted as advised, letter & accompanying schedule of charges & 8% interest claim postesd to the Court. I checked my claim this morning and found that papers have been served upon Nationwide on 29/12/2006. I await further progress and hopefully a return of my monies...so they have until 12/01/2006 to do so. I wonder what will happen.

KenSpe

Received paperwork from MCOL Naorthampton County Court. Indicates that the papers were served on 3rd Jan, giving them until 17th Jan to respond. Stung me again for £166 this month, so I will have to file a second claim once they have been extracted from my account.

Awaiting written confirmation from Alliance & Leicester re parachute account (confirmed by e-mail).

The anticipation is awesome....I wonder when they are likely to re-imburse me the £3700?

I have today received acknowledgement of my MCOL claim against the Nationwide, which is signed by Charles Bacon (thier Solicitor) and states that they intend to defend the claim. :shock:

Is this their usual approach or am I going to be the test case?

Reassurances and info gratefully received!

Hi KenSpe!

Just their usual delaying tactics...

They will start paying your Claim into your account in drips and drabs soon.

Note that they have quite often paid other CAG Members short.

Accept all they offer U, but in Partial Settlement NOT Full Settlement.

U then just have to carry on the Court process to get back EVERYTHING that U Claimed!

Hope this has helped to re-assure U?!

• Haha 1

Hi MTM,

Cheers. It is a shame that they don't stop hitting with charges....I am waiting for the Alliance & leicester to set up a parachute account.

I wondered if Charles Bacon and his team read this web site, I would in their position?

Thanks again to all for the help, support and guidance.

KenSpe

Hello all,

Fantastic and unexpected early victory news. ;)

Today I received £622.77 credtied by cash into my account, plus £2234.06 which is currently being processed. This represents 76% of my total claim (£3766.74), meaning there is a shortfall of £909.81.

They have also cancelled the 216.34 of impending charges and as yet have not threatened closure of the account.

Clearly I will accept the amount as partial payment, however I want to pursue them further to regain the £909.81 they still owe me.

What is the best way to proceed? Do I reply to the chapt that wrote to me clearly stating that I accept thier offer as partial settlement of monies owed?

They have also cancelled the 216.34 of impending charges and as yet have not threatened closure of the account.

well done kenspe but the letter will come but you've already set up your parachute account so why not give them notice that YOU wish to close your account.

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Hi Everyone,

My donation to this excellent website will be forthcoming once I get all my monies back.

Today I received my letter which informs me that they are closing my account as I am clearly not able to conduct it in accordance with their T & C's.

Parachute account is now ready.

However, I am still to receive the £909.81 that is outstanding on my claim?

Should I wait for another week, or should I write to Charles Bacon again informing him that I accept their offer as a partial settlement and remind him of the outstanding amount?

Should I wait till the end of the 28 day period cited via my MCOL and instruct the courts at that stage?

Help as always, greatly appreciated.

KenSpe

Hi KenSpe!

Why do U feel that it should be down to U to remind Nationwide once again to pay your Claim in FULL???

Just wait until the time the Court has already said and then file for a JUDGEMENT in DEFAULT if they still haven't paid in FULL.

Once U have that judgement, U can lick your lips at the thought of being able to send the Bailiffs into Nationwide's HQ to recover the monies still outstanding!!!

Do U seriously think that Nationwide would want that to happen???

Don't worry...They WILL pay up!

Hope this helps to re-assure U?!

Hi KenSpe - I'm in the same boat as you at the moment. Nationwide have credited my account but is also short of what I had claimed. Not sure to approach Charles Bacon or wait to enter judgment. Nothing to lose I suppose! I will be glad to close the account as I've just opened one with NatWest.

Update time again;

Many thanks Milk Tray Man and watch this space KitKat35.

Today I received a letter from Northampton County Court (MCOL) whereby the Nationwide state that they have paid the claim in full (which they have not). I have been given until 13th February to inform them of my decision. As I am still £909.81 short I will be proceeding with the claim.

Should I re-submit my schedule of charges to the Court or simply just answer that I am going to proceed?

Many thanks for your continued support.:D

hi ken

im in the same situation as you mate im 800.00 pound short so i just signed the form saying i wish to proceed with the claim as they havnt paid in full so stuff nationwide why tell them they know what they are doing wait till the time is up and just enter judgement by default then you win again:D

Hi KenSpe!

U have another 28 days before U have to inform the Court!

...Chill...lol...:cool:

U KNOW Nationwide will pay up!

...Just give them time to organise yet another whip round, so that they can afford to send U the rest of what they owe U!...rofl...:lol:

Hi Kenspe

I'm also in the same boat - they paid up but are about £900 short, I've also just received the closing account letter - I can't wait to shut that account.

I'm unsure about what to do now - have you sent back a letter to Charles Bacon? Have you received the court letter asking if you wish to continue with the claim?

Good to know others are at this same stage.

Good luck