BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Tiz Wurse Den Wonga... Mai Hert Iz Bruken       
    • Hi all, the company have just called me and offer me £500 to get myself a sat-nav...   So if admin team want to scratch this topic from the record, please feel free...   If not then thank you anyway 😃
    • use our search top right as you should be ... Lowell claimform   dx
    • Well I don't really want to go to court but I will go all the way no point in giving up now!!!
    • Hey everyone, I am hoping I can get some guidance with a car I recently purchased.   I have been looking around for a newer car and thought I would check out those internet car seller folks.   I found a car I liked and the description said it had all the things I wanted, so I paid the deposit, applied for finance, which I got, and opted for a PCP contract, paid my deposit and got my order confirmed. The car was delivered on Monday 1st June. First I must say that overall I am really very happy with the car, it is almost exactly what I wanted, I am delighted with the general condition, the way it drives and would not be too keen on letting it go if I have no need to do so.   So, the first thing, it was just under 700 miles over the quoted mileage, and I know that's not a lot. Still, that's not the point, the number is excessive, considering the place it came from is only about 200 miles from me. I have spoken to them about the mileage. They said it was a clerical error, which I do not believe, they have however agreed to refund me for 400 miles, which I decided to accept as I figured at least they have agreed to pay for just over half of the miles and did not want to be too unreasonable about it.   The second thing, and this is the one that is really the stumbling block. The cars headline said: 'FORD FIESTA HATCHBACK 1.0 EcoBoost 125 Titanium X Navigation 3dr'. Though the full advert is no longer visible, part of it still is, https://www.buyacar.co.uk/ford/fiesta/fiesta-hatchback/1-0-ecoboost-125-titanium-x-navigation-3dr-73955 and this is the car I bought.   So after checking it over upon delivery, and going around it with the delivery chap, all looked fine, and I decided a little drive was in order.   So off I went to put some fuel in, and while at the fuel station figured I would check out the sat-nav and this is where the problem is, there is no sat-nav. I checked the book, there is no slot for the navigation sd card, no button to turn on the nav, aka, no nav, none.   So I emailed them, and the response I got was: 'Thank you for your email, and I am sorry to hear you are not fully happy with your new purchase. This vehicle was not advertised with Sat Nav, so I am unsure where you feel you read the description you have provided?' ... ... 'In regards to the description of the vehicle, I have checked this on the order form, and the finance documents that were both sent to you and signed and the description of the vehicles reads as FORD FIESTA 1.0 TITANIUM X 3d 124 BHP hatchback.'   So I have pointed out the fact that there was not only a headline stating that the car was Navigation version but further, down the page, there was also a mention of it.   I also said to them, despite me signing said documents, I felt no need to recheck it because the wording navigation appeared several times in the advert which was enough for me to accept it was a version with navigation.   I also said, the order form nor the finance documents also make no mention of other stuff either like climate control, automatic folding mirrors, infact they do no mention any features, only that it is a FORD FIESTA 1.0 TITANIUM X 3d 124 BHP hatchback, so I have refused to accept this as an excuse and an attempt to lay the blame for this mistake at my feet. I honestly thought I was purchasing a car with sat-nav, based on the information provided by them.   I am awaiting a call from them but they have so far today failed to get in touch so figure I would use this waiting time to ask some of the more experienced members about their thoughts on where I stand with this.   Am I in a position for example to ask that they fit sat-nav? If they ask for the car back and put me in a position with no car again how does this work out? Am I flogging a dead horse?   Any advice please would be very much appreciate.   Thanks all.
  • Our picks

baconbuttyman

Barclay Loan help Please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4712 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i have an attatchment of earning due to defaulting on a bank loan with barclays, i incurred charges on that loan, any way, the result is i now pay the loan back thru my wages at £10 per week, can i still go after them for a refund on the charges even tho its been to court ect, it went to court over a year ago and since then i have been paying it thru my wages

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

any one

I Had A Thought, I Have A Barclays Loan Which I Defaulted On, It Went To Court And I Am Now Paying The Loan Back Thru An Attatchment, Theres Not Much Left To Pay, But, As Penalty Charges Are Unlawful, I Was Wondering If The Judgment Was Unlawful As There Were Unlawful Charges Applied To The Loan Account As This Made Up Most Of The Debt, The Attatchment Was Applied Almost 2 Years Ago, There For The Judgement Was Based On Unlawfull Charges So The Info Given To The Court Was Misleading....does Any One Else Agree With Me. Please Let Me Know.

I think you are right. Best place to start is by writing to the courts. Have you reclaimed the charges on this loan yet?

I think you are right. Best place to start is by writing to the courts. Have you reclaimed the charges on this loan yet?

NO, i havnt reclaimed anything on this account as i just had the idea on boxingday, i will have to ask make enquiries but if any one can help or give an opinion

OK what you first need to do is find out what the charges were. If they were more than the debt then you have a very good case.

OK what you first need to do is find out what the charges were. If they were more than the debt then you have a very good case.

I think you are right, i will order the statements tomorrow, hehe i love this...

i had an attatchment of earnings for around £1300, i have paid most of it off and now only owe 274.00, but the last payment that was recieved by barclays was in feb this year, because i have been off work since nov 06 and the courts would not take it out of my sick pay so barclays passed it on to a debt collection agency. my question is if i go into the court to settle the whole bill will this end the case as i know the debt recovery agency will put even more fee's onto the debt

Why worry about the DCA fees? They are just as unlawful as the bank charges!

If you can pay the whole amount off, then do so, and tell the DCA to get stuffed!

Regards,

Stan

just pay the outstanding if you can

then tell the dca its settled. not their problem you have dealt with it directly with barclays.

dx100uk;)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Make an offer to clear bacon.

The DCAs buy these debts for a pittance so they are not really owed the full amount.

If you can clear the debt, NEVER offer the full amount, but start at 50% tops for quick and final settlement. Make out how long it will take to clear if they won't do you a good deal.

Obviously you don't pay till you have a letter from them confirming the arrangement, and don't let them take it over the phone!

Varangian

Guest The Terminator

50%!! no start at 10% and work your way up.The problem is if the lenders are selling these debts at 10% or lower to DCA's then why should the consumer still pay the full amount?.Just wondering if this would fall under the Fraud Act.

all the numbers listed are for krista cambell, i need a direct number to the dept. has any one got one.

thanx