Barclay Loan help Please

baconbuttyman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have an attatchment of earning due to defaulting on a bank loan with barclays, i incurred charges on that loan, any way, the result is i now pay the loan back thru my wages at £10 per week, can i still go after them for a refund on the charges even tho its been to court ect, it went to court over a year ago and since then i have been paying it thru my wages

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

• 5 months later...

I Had A Thought, I Have A Barclays Loan Which I Defaulted On, It Went To Court And I Am Now Paying The Loan Back Thru An Attatchment, Theres Not Much Left To Pay, But, As Penalty Charges Are Unlawful, I Was Wondering If The Judgment Was Unlawful As There Were Unlawful Charges Applied To The Loan Account As This Made Up Most Of The Debt, The Attatchment Was Applied Almost 2 Years Ago, There For The Judgement Was Based On Unlawfull Charges So The Info Given To The Court Was Misleading....does Any One Else Agree With Me. Please Let Me Know.

I think you are right. Best place to start is by writing to the courts. Have you reclaimed the charges on this loan yet?

NO, i havnt reclaimed anything on this account as i just had the idea on boxingday, i will have to ask make enquiries but if any one can help or give an opinion

OK what you first need to do is find out what the charges were. If they were more than the debt then you have a very good case.

I think you are right, i will order the statements tomorrow, hehe i love this...

• 3 months later...

i had an attatchment of earnings for around £1300, i have paid most of it off and now only owe 274.00, but the last payment that was recieved by barclays was in feb this year, because i have been off work since nov 06 and the courts would not take it out of my sick pay so barclays passed it on to a debt collection agency. my question is if i go into the court to settle the whole bill will this end the case as i know the debt recovery agency will put even more fee's onto the debt

just pay the outstanding if you can

then tell the dca its settled. not their problem you have dealt with it directly with barclays.

dx100uk;)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Make an offer to clear bacon.

The DCAs buy these debts for a pittance so they are not really owed the full amount.

If you can clear the debt, NEVER offer the full amount, but start at 50% tops for quick and final settlement. Make out how long it will take to clear if they won't do you a good deal.

Obviously you don't pay till you have a letter from them confirming the arrangement, and don't let them take it over the phone!

Varangian

Guest The Terminator

50%!! no start at 10% and work your way up.The problem is if the lenders are selling these debts at 10% or lower to DCA's then why should the consumer still pay the full amount?.Just wondering if this would fall under the Fraud Act.

• 2 months later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to Barclay Loan help Please