• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

kkatiew v Lloyds ***WON***

kkatiew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I've just called SCM to ask if Lloyds have sent a copy of the documents to Sheffield County Court and to myself. The order stated that all documents must be filed at the court before 4pm on 29 December. The lady at SCM told me that Lloyds haven't filed any documents as they don't intend to rely on any in court ??!!

What does this mean ?

Thanks

Katie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does'nt mean anything. Its just a fob off.

I would'nt advise anyone to ring SC&M anymore. They'll just give you the run-around. As long as you sent the letter above to the court then just sit back and let them do the chasing.

• Haha 1

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Exactly!

This issue is coming up alot lately, Lloyds are getting very sloppy. I think I'll start a thread especially for it.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

I have just got off the phone with Sc&M and they told me that they dont have any documents that they intend to rely on in the hearing and that they will probably just be using there defence, he also said "if it even gets that far" :):D

Should I still send the letter above?

Thx AT.

Yep, as Andy said.

We should be grassing them up at every opportunity - every missed deadline makes them look bad and us look good in the eyes of the court.

Hi Everyone,

Just been catching up on the threads. Just wondered if theres anyone else that's been waiting as long as me and still waiting.... I first started the process way back on 14 June 2006. Looking at a lot of the threads, people have started claming months after me and are all sorted. I'm feeling very left out !

Really could do with some kind of settlement soon... !

Cheers Katie

Hi Kkatiew.

If your journey has taken this long and your destination is still not in sight, then I think that you've taken a few wrong turnings, along the way.

I suggest that you start again with the maps.

Read the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section.

Stay there until you feel comfortable with them.

Do not pass go, Do not collect £200.

Now start again with the Data Protection Act SARs letter from the templates library. Don't forget to include the £10 fee.

If you already have all your transaction details, then transfer the penalty charges onto a spreadsheet (templates library). Print it out. This becomes your schedule of charges that you will send with your preliminary letter (templates library).....and so on.

If you follow, faithfully, the well-tried and tested procedures that we suggest, then you will get your charges back

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi Rooster,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm pretty sure that i've done everything as I should by following the step by step instructions. Although I will double check this when I get to work with the documents I have there. I've been through the MCOL process and also getting my court bundle sent out both parties as per my Notice of Allocation to The Small Claims Track. Hearing set for 14 March.

Kind Regards

Katie

Is your court date 14 March This year,

If so its seems that its just the court schedules that means you are waiting so long.

Some banks settle at the last minute, what is the date your court bundke had to be in by?

Hi,

My hearing is March 14 and all documents have to be in 14 days before. Although I actually got all my court bundle together and have sent it to the court and [problem] already.

It does seem to have been dragging on a bit though don't you think ? Especially reading other peoples experiences

Thanks

Katie

Hi Kkatiew,

I can fully understand where you are coming from on your thoughts,

I started round about the same time as you, middle of June 2006. I have a second court hearing on 26 of this month, however on the 15 of this month I recieved my first offer which I have rejected.

As Pkey says it is most probably just down to court schedules, they for some reason like to leave it till have they no more time left then offer.

Hang in there!!

Liam.

Prelim Req sent 12 June 2006,

LBA sent 26 June 2006,

Confirmation of court action sent 24 July 2006,

Court return date 20 October 2006 - LTSB did not reply,

Court hearing date 27 October 2006 - Decree granted in my favour,

Recall of decree recieved 16 November 2006,

1 December 2006 assigned as recall of decree,

26 January 2007 assigned for full proof hearing,

16 January 2007 1st offer recieved and declined,

23 January 2007 2nd offer accepted, awaiting monies to hit bank account

All advice & opinions of o0oLiamBeeo0o are personal opinions, if in doubt seek advice from a qualified professional !!

vvv My Thread vvv

Hi Katie

I too started back in june last year, court hearing is 28th Feb 07. I too am a bit miffed that lloyds seem to paying out new claims faster than old ones. Chin up the end is in sight

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

Hang on in there Katie, this is all par for the course for Lloyds claims.

It much depends on when your court date is as to how soon you get a settlement - SC&M have even admitted that they only settle when the court date is immenent. Unfortunately, you may be waiting a little while longer yet, but as Barty said, just think of all the interest mounting up at 8% apr - you would'nt get anywhere near that rate in a savings account!

Your next action will be to send SC&M and the court the letters for bundle non-compliance when their time is up. Obviously thats quite a way off yet, so untill then just try to relax about the whole thing. Be prepared for every eventuality obviously, but don't let it worry you. Thats exactly what Lloyds are trying to do! :)

Hi everyone,

Thankyou all for your help and support. It's good to know i'm not alone. I'll let you know how I get on and here's hoping a settlement wings it's way sooner rather than later !

Kind Regards

Katie

Hi everyone,

No new news to report yet. Still sitting tight..... !

Just thought i'd ask the question if anyone can help, but what are the 'technicalities' that you could lose on if the case went to court ?

Many thanks

Katie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have just been through my court bundle and making sure everything is in order and I have noticed on my orginal prelim letter, I have input the wrong interest and missed off the daily rate. My court date is 14 March and this Prelim letter is dated from August last year. Am I able to change this ?

Many thanks

Katie