Air 2000 lies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had the misfortune to fly with Air 2000 and I must admit it wa an experience I would not like to repeat.

There were 10 of us flying out in a large group and as I am a person of shall we say more than ample proportion (fat in other words) I needed an extension unit for the seat belt. Not a problem you might think, it is for Air 2000. I asked a memeber of the flight crew for ne as soon as I got on the plane (std practice of me as I fly alot) and was assured I would get one. Three requests later and still nothing turned up. The flight pushed back and started to taxi, still no extension. The crew did the flight inspection and my buckle was dangling into the aisle as I could not fasten it. This was ignored and the cabin crew took their seats for take off. I had the entire trip without the use of a seatbelt which contravines the CAA regulations.

This was later compounded when the cabin crew split hot coffee all down me causing blistering. This caused me to ask for an ice pack, which, according to the cabin crew, must be recorded. On my return I wrote to Air 2000 to complain and was told that no incident took place on the flight. They later back pedalled when I told them I had a copy of the ice pack report.

I worte to the CAA to complain and got a reply stating that the cabin crew remembered this incident and did give me an extension unit. I explained that the other 9 people wth me can confirm that nothing was given to me carried no sway. Also, I asked how many flights had the cabin crew had flown since this incident as it happened several months earlier. I also asked them to do some simple arithmatic, as the flight I was on carried 15 extension units, 7 front and 8 rear and there were 15 children on board who had them where did the 16th come from? Silence from the CAA. I think the CAA now should stand for Covers All Aircrew because they certainly do not operate for the good of the customer.

Simon, I'm with you on this buddy.. but we gonna have no one to fly with if you go through all the airlines...

I know I said I'd join a frequent flyers club with you.. but I'm not flying cargo, ethiopian, or Aeroflot..

so take it easy..

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

there were 15 children on board

I think the CAA now should stand for Covers All Aircrew because they certainly do not operate for the good of the customer.

Simon, I hold no love for Air 2 bob but just to clarify...

Children do not require extension seatbelts, ESB's are only used for infants under the age of 2 who are seated on their parents lap. The number of infants carried on a flight is closely monitored and these particular passengers are seated in very specific seats due to the configuration of the drop down oxygen masks which vary throughout the aircraft (in most cases)

The CAA would never compromise safety

Ken Smith, Managing Director Air 2000, First Choice Holidays, Diamond House, Peel Cross Road, Salford, Manchester, M5 4DT

I agree with Overdrawn, they would not 'knowingly' compromise on safety. However I would write and complain to someone high up as I suggest above, if no other reason an to have someone take notice of you.

LOULA

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks