DaveMac's claim against NatWest

DaveMac
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a DPA request earlier in the year and received the usual ripped brown envelope with statements in. On checking the contents, I realised they had only supplied 4 years as opposed to the requested 6 years.

Due to being busy, etc. I never got round to chasing it up but last month I contacted them and somebody made some gargled excuse about a new computer system or something in 2002 and so I should have received the first two years separately. Anyway, I wrote to NatWest again requesting the full amount for the last 6 years stating what had happened & that I had already paid the necessary fee.

Surprise, surprise, I subsequently received only the first two years I had initially requested & these contained duplicate statements mixed up amongst them. I sorted them out though, determined not to be stalled by their tactics. (I should add that I had also commented about receiving my initial statements in a tatty brown, ripped envelope. This time they arrived in plastic, packaged a lot better and by recorded delivery!)

12th December 2006 I sent my preliminary letter to Bishopsgate, (recorded delivery) for £2,286.00 along with a schedule of the charges. Up to now I cannot find it recorded on the royalmail website - I'm hoping it's a backlog due to Christmas.

As at today (26th December 2006) I have heard nothing from NatWest. I have completed my LBA letter but will wait until tomorrow to send it, due to it being the Christmas period.

Hi Dave.

Good for you. Keep to your own timetable. You're calling the shots.

Don't let the bank put you off or intimidate you, because, given the chance, they will use any method that they can think of to interfere with you claim.

Follow, faithfully, the well-tried and tested methods given here and you WILL get you charges back.

Good luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

If you use the interest spread sheet it will work it out for you. You can't do it as a straight forward sum because, for example, £100 taken from your account will have earnt more interest to the present date than £100 taken from your account yesterday.

To get it right, manually you would have to perform the interest calculation for each charge, seperately, changing the time period for each one.

Click on this link for SPREADSHEET TEMPLATE...

The other point is that you claim for the 8% interest, under s.69 when you start court proceedings, either by MCOL or N1 when you list it in your particulars of claim.

Good luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks for that.

I've just spent some considerable time working it all out and it means that the interest bumps up my claim from £2,289.00 (I made a slight mistake with my first calculation), to £2,937.90!!!!

NatWest here I come!!!!

I sent my first letter ot NatWest at Bishopsgate by recorded delivery however on checking the royal mail website, it has not been confirmed delivered. I phoned the royal mail and they said it could be delayed or lost but will not class it as missing until 3rd January.

Does this mean I should send my first letter again before sending the LBA???

It is a matter of interest not all recored delivery letters are signed for, and the Royal Mail have been pretty busy recently. Send the LBA as per your original timeline, include a copy of your prelim letter.

Just crack on, continue using recorded delivery. Nat west will just have to keep up.

• Haha 1

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

The only time an item is physically signed by a member of staff is special delivery but that does not stop any recorded delivery item being received

I had a run-in with a member of NatWest staff on the phone when they again charged me £38 for an automated process. I told her their charges were unlawful etc. and she mentioned something about some sort of report/whatever at the end of January.

Is anybody aware of anything which may affect the charges situation etc. at the end of January????

davemac- there are changes to the T&C's on Feb 1st and will not affect anyone;s claim. I will comment on them when I have digested them more.

Guest peed orf
The only time an item is physically signed by a member of staff is special delivery but that does not stop any recorded delivery item being received

Is recorded deliverey a waste of money?

No because you have evidence that you sent the letter. The fact that it may not have been received, is relevant, but if the Natwest system fails then that is their problem.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

I have an overdraft that exceeds what NatWest owes me in bank charges. I've opened a parachute account and now await to see their response.

I'm sure it would make sense for NatWest just to pay me out and so reduce the overdraft - otherwise they may be chasing me for the overdraft - caused of course by their obscene charges!!!

Guest NATTIE

Patience is a virtue have it if you can sometimes found in women, never found in man. Dave, I think they have two more days excluding today.

Don't be atall alarmed at receiving no response, although like NWSM has stated they do actually still have a couple of days left to give response. Just remember to stick to the timescales and proceed with your next stage, it's you who sets the deadlines not the bank.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D