BankFodder BankFodder

mrviews

Just filed N1 form...what should I expect?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4846 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This week I went to the local county court and filed a claim against Halifax. What I wanted to know is what should I expect to happen next? the county court clerk said Halifax will have 28 days to respond.....in peoples experiences what have Halifax's response been?

Thanks

Halifax - WON:D (£1,000 put back in account)

Abbey National - WON:D (£521 nice shiny cheque)

Capital One - WON:D (£200 cheque)

HSBC - waiting for court decision:rolleyes:

Haven't quite got that far yet (next week), but from what I've been reading up on in preparation, Halifax seem to take it right to the last moment, say they'll defend but settle just before you actually have to step into a courtroom.

I'm sure those who have actually experienced the sequence of events will inform you better:-)

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

Basically they have 14 days to respond to the court from the date the paperwork is considered served. If they acknowledge inside the 14 days then it is extended to 28 days total.

Most of the banks acknowledge and file a defence. The defence in some cases is simply to send the cheque. In others they go through the whole procedure of allocation and dont settle until days or even hours before the court appearance.

I would expect the halifax (from reading other threads) to submit a worded defence and go through allocation.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Best thing to do mate is to give them a ring on wednesday and make sure theyve received it, Go through to rachel hincliffe (direct number on here somewhere). Halifax have a habit of not receiving the claim forms. If they havnt she will ring the court and get them to fax it through. Give them a week, u'll recieve ur acknowledgment of service from the court and 2 days later u'll get ur letter from them settling, if not u'll have the funds in ur account already:)