Newportorb v Yorkshire bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Caro sometimes I get on the right thread and other times Im all over the place sorry about that, thanks for your encouragement I really need it, I am over the moon they have offered anything at all but like you say its my money and I was really up against it a year or so ago robbing Peter to pay Paul I never thought I would get my head above water at all thanks to yb. Dick Turpin did have the decency to wear a mask. I will hold out for the rest and keep you informed a million thanks x

If you need a bit of moral support just post here. It helped me stand firm against them.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi all can anybody tell me how I can read all the posts as they appear as I can only read my own and I want to see other peoples post, I can only go to one person at a time and I keep butting in on them

Hi again I have got the letter offering 4391.50 which is the amount less interest plus court costs but as the interest takes it over the 5000.00 I was concerned thet the CC will refuse it and the letter states that if I do refuse "the bank will refer the court to this letter when deciding costs to be awarded in this case. Your attention is drawn to the comments in this regard in leaflet EX307 issued by HM Court Service entitled the small claims track" the interest is 1324.45 I dont know what to do I cant see why the bank should have this money but I dont want to end up with nothing any help will be great and thanks x

Don't worry, it's all bluff. They got the court wrong on one of the letters to me too.

The 5,000 limit for small claims, is 5,000 before the statutory interest so your claim should stay in the small claims track. Being in the small claims, costs will not be awarded to anyone, so you can safely ignore that. They usually say they don't

you will get interest, but that is up to the judge and not them. There is no reason that you should have a problem.

It is standard intimidatory tactics from YB.

To read other peoples threads so you can see how they are getting on scroll towards the top of the page until you see this.

B

navbits_start.gif Consumer Action Group > The Bank Action Group - against unlawful bank charges > Yorkshire Bank and Clydesdale Bank navbits_finallink.gif Newportorb v Yorkshire bank

Click on the blue underlined link that say Yorkshire Bank and Clydesdale Bank and you will see all the cases in this forum. You are welcome to offer advice and support to anyone, but should keep questions about your claim here on your thread.

If you click on USER CP which is in the dark blue bar above it will take you to your own control panel, and will show threads that you have joined in on that have posts since you last looked at it.

It takes a while to get used to, but I hope you'll agree it's worthwhile. Just play around with the toolbars and see where it takes you.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Caro a million thanks for all your help, dont know what I would do without this site, its becomming like a best friend, as soon as I get sorted I will defo donate, and good luck with your claim x as for giving advice I dont think I know enough but I wish everybody well x

Hi all sorry to be a pest but does anybody know if there is a template letter to decline an offer of settlement, I have looked on the site and cant find one (that dosent mean anything though) I did see one for returning a cheque but I only got a letter, if not should I just write a 'nice' letter refusing the offer until they add the interest?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I sent my acceptance letter on the 9th but havent had a reply is this normal Im due in court on the 26th at Cardiff, YB put Northampton on the letter!! If I dont get anything before do I still go to court even though I have accepted, (an they will go to Northampton) Iam so confused and thick aswell x

If you haven't had your money you do indeed go to court. It isn't settled until you have it. I don't know how much you have settled for, but I suggest you write again and fax it, to say that if they don't pay within 7 days you will be submitting your bundle and going to court for the full amount up to the date of settlement, and will inform the judge that you tried to settle, but the bank didn't honour their offer.

Thanks Caro, I have been offred the amount I claimed 5394.17 plus court costs 220.00 this was the second offer. I have just done a fax and would appreciate your comments

"I have accepted the above offer which you recieved on the 12.3.07 I am still waiting for a settlement, the court date is 26.3.07. I have my court bundles prepared and will inform the judge I have tried to settle out of court if I do not recieve anything before noon on Thursday 22nd March."

I will change if you think its not good enough, and I know they got the acceptance coz I tracked it on the royalmail site it was signed by the same person who signed the offer I refused. thanks

Looks fine to me