Rapid v Halifax x3

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having spent the time checking out this forum i decided to claim my charges back from the halifax, i have also been urged to do this by my brother who is doing the same but paying another person to do it for him. After recieving my statements for my three accounts i sent the letters and spreadsheets claiming for thee seperate accounts £118, £297, and £3495 respectivly. I have a recieved positive responce for the ammount of £118 in which they have offered the full £118 and included an acceptance form which states;

Confirm that we accept the offer of £118.00 from Halifax in full and final settlement of our complaint regarding bank charges made on our Halifax account.

As i have yet to recieve anyother responce regarding my other two claims i am very sceptable as to whether i should accept this as, although it only referes to one roll number they may try and use this document as a settlement to include the other two accounts.

If this makes sence to you and you can help i would appreciate it.

I have tryed contactiong them on the number given but recieved no answer.

They only work Mon-Fri, 9-5, so nobody there on a Saturday normally. Apart from which, it is the festive holiday closedown until Wednesday now.

The document should refer to one specific roll number, if you prefer - cross out the 's' in 'accounts' and make sure it reads correctly that you accept only for this one account, as referred to.

It's possible that, in the lottery of handling claims, different people are dealing with the other two, so may not have got round to them. Hang on a few days and see if you get letters for those too, may as well save on postage by putting all three in the same envelope if you can.

OR, call them on Wednesday - you should get hold of someone then.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 4 weeks later...

Having sent off an amended acceptance form for one account stating that this settlement applys only to the account mentioned, and still having recieved no reply to my other two account claims, i sent of the LBA for these two including the spread sheets.

Today i recieved reply for both these accounts only to find that the letters they have sent appear to have an error, that is that they have given each letter a unique reference number, but have used the same roll number on both. A slight error which i must again follow up!!!

• 2 months later...

I have now been offered and i have declined an offer of £2,478.

Today i have recieved a letter asking me to call them to discuss the matter in further detail with them.

Should i call them? :???:

Temptation is say no-best to get all offers/refusals in writing.

If you call them then try a get all of the salient points confirmed by them and make a ote of the date and time of the converstaion-you may need this if it goes to court.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.