• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

£750 Gesture of goodwill offer from LloydsTSB

djtripled
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just curious to know how many people have recieved the £750 offer from LloydsTSB in relation to their LBA.

Have just recieved this offer this morning and after reading some other threads, am wondering if this is going to be the norm from now on and LloydsTSB have changed their stance again on the situation.

Many thanks.

WON

HSBC Current Account - £1139

ONGOING

Lloyds TSB Current Account - £1637 + £58.49 interest

S.A.R 03/09/06, Prelim 20/10/06 BOGOF 02/11/06,

LBA 20/11/06 MCOL 17/12/06, Issued 18/12/06

Acknowledged 22/12/06, £750 Goodwill 22/12/06

John Lewis Mastercard - £180 + £15.75

LBA 29/01/2007, MCOL 19/02/2007

HSBC Mastercard - £150 + £12.95 interest

LBA 20/02/2007

Barclaycard

S.A.R 20/02/2007

Capital One Mastercard

S.A.R 05/01/2007

Capital One Visa

S.A.R 05/01/2007

Lloyds TSB Platinum Mastercard

S.A.R 20/02/2007

got mine yesterday! but they were 4 days short of their 14 day deadline so had already started court action!

They probably though people would accept it as its just before xmas! i still ploughing ahead!

Mine was offered in a letter on wednesday and paid in today (sat).

They were 2 days outside my LBA dealine and still owe me 4100 quid.

the fight continues, but Xmas just got better. :)

13th Nov 2006 - Preliminary Letter delivered to branch

30th Nov 2006 - LBA - deliverered to branch

30th Nov 2006 - Standard 'we are looking into this letter'

15th Dec 2006 - SAR delivered to branch to demand six years statements (currently pursuing 5 years)

19th Dec 2006 -750 Pounds offered as settlement. Accepted as PART settlement 20th Dec 2006.

Filed with MCOL online - Notice of issue from 17th Jan 2007.

Yes, they seem to be offering £750 to every claimant. Strange that its always £750, rather than a percentage. Not sure whether this will be a permenant thing or whether they're just doing it in the hope people will take it and run, what with Christmas an all.

If its not the full amount of your claim, anyone who receives this offer should send this letter - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

I too received £750 as a gesture of goodwill payment 3 days ago. It was credited to my account automatically. I didn't ask for it but it appeared in my account, so I took it out of the account and payed it into my parachute a/c.:)

Lloyds also said they don't want the costs of going to court etc..

I'm going to continue my court claim as usual, and send them the rejection offer letter to make it clear that this is part payment only!

That money came in handy, as I was skint for x'mas

Have a nice Christmas All and a Happy Prosperous New Year!!:)

Nofees

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent recorded delivery - 26.09.06

Dispute Charges letter sent recorded delivery - 26.09.06

Received Statements - 26.10.06

Prelim letter sent recorded delivery - 02.11.06

LBA letter sent recorded delivery - 22.11.06

Bank Template Letters Here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

• 4 weeks later...

I got the same offer of £750, though they were too late with it to stop the court action. In fact, they probably sent it the day they were served with the claim. I did the MCOL on 8/1/07, their letter was dated 11/01/07 and I got an acknowledgment of service from their solicitors dated 15/01/07.

Do I have to acknowledge the offer at all, or do I just keep going the way I have been?

Just change the wording slightly, ie;

Response to settlement offer

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT No: *********

CLAIM No: *******

Thank you for your recent letter in which you offer settlement to the matters as detailed above by way of a payment of £750.

I respectfully decline this offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £***.

I will accept the sum offered only as a part payment and on the clear understanding that I will continue with the County Court action to recover the full amount debited by way of charges.

Further, a claim was filed on **/**/** (details as above), before this offer was made. As such, court costs have also been incurred to the value of £*** and 8% interest has been added to the claim pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act.

Accordingly, should you credit my account with the £750 as proposed, the total amount still outstanding will be, to date, £***

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

Have you started a thread yet by the way?

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Subtract £750's worth of the most recent charges from the schedule and file your claim for the new total.

Yes you do, have you filled in an allocation questionaire yet?

There is a box on the form for any part settlements recieved.

many thanks

dj tripled

WON

HSBC Current Account - £1139

ONGOING

Lloyds TSB Current Account - £1637 + £58.49 interest

S.A.R 03/09/06, Prelim 20/10/06 BOGOF 02/11/06,

LBA 20/11/06 MCOL 17/12/06, Issued 18/12/06

Acknowledged 22/12/06, £750 Goodwill 22/12/06

John Lewis Mastercard - £180 + £15.75

LBA 29/01/2007, MCOL 19/02/2007

HSBC Mastercard - £150 + £12.95 interest

LBA 20/02/2007

Barclaycard

S.A.R 20/02/2007

Capital One Mastercard

S.A.R 05/01/2007

Capital One Visa

S.A.R 05/01/2007

Lloyds TSB Platinum Mastercard

S.A.R 20/02/2007

Subtract £750's worth of the most recent charges from the schedule and file your claim for the new total.
I am confused about this, because if you remove £750 worth of charges from the spreadsheet, you will also remove the interest that has accumulated.

Would it not be right to remove £750 from the total that is charges + interest?

**** WON ****

Cap 1 - 07/11/07 - 23/03/07 £165

Ikea - 22/02/07 - 23/03/07 £200

LTSB - 02/10/07 - 24/05/07 £3310

LTSB joint account - 02/07/07 £751

If they've paid you £750 before you filed the claim, then your not entitled to any interest on that £750. Remember that your only entitled to the 8% from the point you file the claim.

I've recieved this very generous 'gesture of goodwill'. I have sent them the rejection letter and Im just in the process of submitting my money claim. I have three questions, do I use the £750 they have sent me to pay off the oldest charges and calculate the 8% interest on the remaining charges? If this is the case, when I put the date the charges started do I only included the oldest date of the charges remaining?

I know this is a silly question, on the amount claimed section in moneyclaim do I just submit the balance after the £750 goodwill payment?

Thanks for your help in anticipation...

lol.... they sent me the same. £650 + £100 which i'm getting hit for in 10 days time. needless to say, i sent them a rejection letter of my own and told them i would also be claiming for any charges levied after i filed my court action.